Factory Ford Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Ford Remote Start

Does anyone have any experience with the factory remote start? Did you install it yourself? How much for the JUST the install? Any help would be appreciated. I'm really looking for anyone that has installed one and how complicated it was.

Thanks

Will

Old 02-10-2005, 07:53 AM
I had the dealer install the Gold unit on my 2003 f150 supercrew 4x4 after I got it. The unit price was $300 but the labor was high for the install, they charge what their flat rate is here it was $65 a hour at the time. The range on it is real nice (better then the org remote)and it works through walls and metal places. Inside Wal mart I have no trouble getting my rig started parked way out in the parking lot. The dealer learned a lot on putting my system on for it was the first time they had installed one.The Goldl unit has the best warranty.I think they have changed the units now with a new one, buy today and they come out newer one the next day.But I like my system and if I get a new truck later on it will have one on it too.I can leave the rig running pull the keys out and go in a store if I want too. Hope this helps you on what to get.Look on the forms and there's lots of information on places to get remotes installed and how much trouble it is,it's better to have someone who knows what they are doing to do it.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
$300 also. Installed and out the door. Covered by the factory warranty when installed by the dealership...

Quick Reply: Factory Ford Remote Start