Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough idle

Hey guys. I have a 06 f150 stx 4x4 4.6L v8. The other day my check engine light came on an my truck started running kinda rough alonst like it wants to die but don't when I barely give it gas. I hooked a comp to it and it threw errors on codes P0109 and P0108. Which from what I can find is maf sensor. My friend told me to unhook the battery and clean the maf sensor and I did so using a can of maf sensor spray. I then put it back in and everything back together hooked the battery back up and it seemed to make it worse. I then did the reset thing with the parking break lettin warm up turn on ac and so on and have driven it for about 100 miles and it's still doing the same thing. What else should I check that could cause this problem? My cruise control also went out at this same time. I check all my brake lights and no other codes are thrown. Truck is entirely stock with no mods what so ever except new headlights which was done over a year ago

Old 09-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Maf sensor

I have also replaced the maf sensor since all the with a new one and is still doing the same thing throwing the same p0109 and p0108 codes.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Could be a vacuum leak

Old 10-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Rough idle

I've checked all the vaccumm hoes no leaks that I can find. Gonna try and get a vaccumm tester and check them. Cleaned the egr valve and throttle body while I was at it. Still nothing.
Also now the is a kinda of whining sound coming from the rear. Only when I am accelerating tho and a very soft almost grinding sound coming from rear but only when coasting downhill. I replaced the rear rotors and brakes so I know it's not them.

Quick Reply: Rough idle