Old 07-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm still on...

Even if Penguin brings his rice burner

(I'm kidding...I'm kidding)

Old 07-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Now that's out of the way...

Yes, one of us should contact the campground in order to make sure they'll have enough spaces available for us. It was pretty wide open when were there in early May.

Paragon needs no advance notice. We'll be fine with just heading over around 10am.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
Well I'm still on...

Even if Penguin brings his rice burner

(I'm kidding...I'm kidding)

We just bought a new rice burner actually!

The wife was unhappy with the gas mileage on the Titan with the new 35s (big surprise, huh?) so we dicided that purchasing a new RSX Type S would actually wind up savings us money... She drives a good number of miles per week and the average was about 12-13 mpg. This little hatchback thingy is quite fun to drive and its currently doing like 25-26mpg city/hwy combo.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by PenguinFX4
Vader:

No, I am not "worked up" over that thread (btw - I requested the deletion of the thread). I don't take anything too seriously, especially comments made in jest. I can take a joke and I have a pretty good sense of humor.

What you need to realize is that SOME of those people were not kidding. Some people on this forum are so incredibly ignorant that they have this ridiculous attitude that a "Ford" truck is the greatest thing since packaged cheese and foreign vehicles are all total crap.

That's fine to have that opinion... provided that you have some basic idea of factual basis to support that position. Some of these guys have never driven a Tundra, Titan, or even another american truck for that matter. They have no experience with them, no objective data, and no ground to stand on. Yet, they are the first to share their absurd beliefs with everyone that will listen.

It is that kind of representation that makes me embarassed to be associated with other Ford owners. I've owned Hondas, Nissans, Chebbies, Mercuries, Toyotas, Fords, Dodges, Acuras, etc... You know what? I liked certain things about all of them and with the exception of the Chevy Beretta I owned, NONE of them were worthy of such terrible comments.

At the end of the day, I know that my wife's Titan is something that is nicer than anything 90% of those jerkoffs that made rude comments will ever own in their entire lives... so it really doesn't get under my skin. Comments like, "that's what you get when you let a **** pick your vehicle" bother me because the human waste that made it has no idea who my wife is or what her talents/knowledge might be. It's the total ignorance that is anoyying. Most people would think it is pretty cool that my little wife drives a lifted truck with 35s...

Honestly, I have a pretty good idea who was kidding and who was serious. It's the people who are serious about it that give other F-150 owners a bad name.
wow, i musta missed that thread... =[
as for the wife thing, i give credit to all women who drive trucks (not dropped ones tho)...let alone LIFTED trucks!!

So yeah come on out that weekend an have some fun! Perfect time for the titan to get tested aswell!!! as i belive you got it lifted an all after the paragon trip...bring'm both!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by PenguinFX4

We just bought a new rice burner actually!

The wife was unhappy with the gas mileage on the Titan with the new 35s (big surprise, huh?) so we dicided that purchasing a new RSX Type S would actually wind up savings us money... She drives a good number of miles per week and the average was about 12-13 mpg. This little hatchback thingy is quite fun to drive and its currently doing like 25-26mpg city/hwy combo.
that is one of the best cars available today...an they are quiet fun to drive! just when i looked at them the 2door stratus was more comfortable to sit in (wich is what i was lookin for). good luck with that car tho! an just like your trucks...they are quiet the money pit when it comes to mods aswell!

Old 07-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Penquin..Screw those guys. It's not worth it man. I feel better knowing what you were reffering to now though. I'm the furthest thing from a "Stupid Redneck" A while ago I got pretty pissed at some comments that were made and just how people were acting in general, so I stopped coming here and posting for a while. I got over it with the help of a few kind words from one of the moderators. It's all good now. I just don't listen to the retards, post where I want and stay out of all the stupid My trucks better than your truck" threads.

One question...did you get rid of the Titan or just park it until the weekends?

Ok, now all thats straightened out. I guess we should start a list of people who are going. I'll start it in the next post. Decide if we need to bring anything as a group or if we all just want to fend for ourselves. And see when everyone will be going and from where in case anyone wants to convoy or whatever. I can call the campground and see if they will have room for us and see what needs to be done to reserve the sites. Lets give this thread one more week to get a list of everyone going and then I'll call. Sound good??

BREW

Old 07-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Well I'm still in for the 8th - 10th!! And for camping!! Sorry must have missed out on the other stuff! Always was a BIG fan of anything that has a bed and wheels!! Anyway This should be a good time and shouldn't matter what you drive as long as it gets muddy!

Old 07-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Corbin1357
Well I'm still in for the 8th - 10th!! And for camping!! Sorry must have missed out on the other stuff! Always was a BIG fan of anything that has a bed and wheels!! Anyway This should be a good time and shouldn't matter what you drive as long as it gets muddy!

Ummmmm...did you say "muddy"

Forget it, I cant go.

BREW

Old 07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
THE "WHO'S GOING" LIST

Brewdude .................. 2 trucks .................camping / 1 site
WOLF17..................... 2 trucks .................camping / 1 site
Corbin1357..................1 truck....................camping / 1 site
Vader716................... 2 trucks ..................camping / 1 site
PenguinFX4

Let me know if I should add anything else to this list that we all may need to, or want to know.

BREW

Last edited by BREWDUDE; 07-21-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:47 PM
MUDDY!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Ok, now all thats straightened out. I guess we should start a list of people who are going. I'll start it in the next post. Decide if we need to bring anything as a group or if we all just want to fend for ourselves. And see when everyone will be going and from where in case anyone wants to convoy or whatever. I can call the campground and see if they will have room for us and see what needs to be done to reserve the sites. Lets give this thread one more week to get a list of everyone going and then I'll call. Sound good??
BREW
sounds good to me!
also note we will have friends goin aswell, so do we wanna add thier cars into the count aswell?

Old 07-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Come on I still haven't gotten my door pillars cleaned from my last trip.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by wolf17
sounds good to me!
also note we will have friends goin aswell, so do we wanna add thier cars into the count aswell?

Well at least maybe if we each gave a count of how many vehicles are going with you and how many camp sites you will need. Then when we call the campground we can make sure we reserve enough sites all together.

If you guys want, PM or email me and I'll add them to the list thats posted here.

BREW

Old 07-20-2006, 06:22 PM
UPDATE!!!

I just talked to Marie at Red Ridge Lake Campground. They have one big group site with NO water or electric. She said that area will hold about 50 people. It's $10 per person per night. So for 2 nights it will cost each person $20

Then she told me she has another group site with 15 sites on it which allows for 1 tent on each site. This area DOES have water and electric. The cost is still $10 per person per night and an additional $5 per site for the water and electric.

Let me know what you guys think...water and electric or not and I will call and reserve the site.

BREW

Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I dont think we need electric or water. We can bring water and the little electric we need can be supplied by inverters and the truck.

If you all want different sites that fine but I'd be fine with the group site.

If my brother in law comes it would be us two and two trucks otherwise it is just me and my truck.

Quick Reply: Paragon Offroading meet September 8th-10th