NEWS: Ford Brand Quality Improves for 8th Straight Year in a Row

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NEWS: Ford Brand Quality Improves for 8th Straight Year in a Row

--Ford brand's quality continues to improve faster than the overall industry; ---Ford brand remains statistically tied with top Japanese automakers
--Ford brand's initial quality improved for the eighth consecutive year
--Ford F-150, Mustang, Edge and Mercury Sable were quality leaders in their respective vehicle segments
--F-250/F-350 Super-Duty manufacturing plant, Kentucky Truck in Louisville, was awarded a Bronze Plant Quality Award

DEARBORN, June 22, 2009 – Ford Motor Company recorded another strong improvement in J.D. Power and Associates' 2009 Initial Quality Study, putting the Ford and Mercury brands in a statistical tie with the top Japanese brands.

The Ford brand, which continues to outpace the overall industry's quality improvement, now has posted eight consecutive years of gains in the closely watched quality study based on consumer evaluations after the first three months of new-vehicle ownership. Overall, the Ford brand improved by 10 points over last year's study.

"It is gratifying to see our commitment to quality paying off," said Bennie Fowler, Ford group vice president, Global Quality. "Ford has demonstrated consistent and continuous quality improvement. We're now tied with the best of the Japanese automakers and we won't be satisfied until Ford is the industry's global quality leader."

Some of Ford's most popular nameplates received top honors for their respective segment, including Ford F-150, Mustang, Edge and Mercury Sable.

J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Initial Quality Study is based on responses from 80,930 new 2009 model-year vehicle owners after they have driven their new vehicles for three months. It measures problems per 100 vehicles and was based on November through February registrations.

In April, Bloomfield Hills, Mich.-based RDA Group's Global Quality Research System (GQRS) showed that Ford has surpassed Honda and is in a statistical tie with Toyota in initial quality. That report, an analysis of "things gone wrong" in new vehicles as measured by customers, is commissioned quarterly by Ford.

"The Blue Oval is becoming synonymous with high quality with customers," Fowler said. "We're not only dramatically reducing defects, we are delivering the long-term durability and the superior craftsmanship that today's customers demand."

Old 06-23-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I think Ford is going to take the place of Toyota in terms of consumer view. In the next decade, I believe FORD will be the leader in MPG and quality to be honest.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
I think Ford is going to take the place of Toyota in terms of consumer view. In the next decade, I believe FORD will be the leader in MPG and quality to be honest.
Deep down inside I believe this also.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i agree to guys, i dont know why all the GM fans have to run their mouths when everyone knows that ford trucks are the way to go, i will agree that if i wanted a sports car i would have to go GM even tho i love the mustangs. my boss today told me (big GM buy) that fords have always been known for their reliability and towing power and all in all best truck made, he said GM trucks have the best comfort which i think is a load of crap because my truck is comfy as heck

just the other day i used my truck (2002 2wd 4.6) to haul almost 8 thousand pounds of cows and about a 3500 pound gooseneck trailer to the sale barn probably not a wise decision but it handled it

Old 07-01-2009, 06:10 PM
It just gets better every day...

Old 07-01-2009, 11:07 PM

That's right man!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Heck yeah! I feel like you guys, except I think that Ford has been leading the way for a few years, they just needed to let the people figure it out.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 PM

Exactly how I feel. Ford makes nice vehicles for the most part. I like Toyota, but man, people are like brain-washed into thinking the foreign makes are better. It's just not true.

Quick Reply: NEWS: Ford Brand Quality Improves for 8th Straight Year in a Row