Video in motion

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video in motion

Hi there, I'm getting a Kenwood 7190 installed on Monday. I see there are 'modules' to bypass the parking brake interlock for video playback, but also read all I have to do is get the installer to ground the parking brake wire. Can anyone clear this up? Is it as easy as grounding the wire? Thanks in advance for your help. P

Old 06-08-2012, 11:56 PM
correct,all you have to do is ground the e-brake wire that will give you video while driving and all controls of the nav.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks Orlando......the guys who carpool with me will be happy!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:56 PM
what year model trucks does this work on? and what do i need to do to make it happen? i have a new 2012. cant believe ford has succumbed to the "we know whats better for you" attitude

Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Motorsports-X
cant believe ford has succumbed to the "we know whats better for you" attitude
What do you mean? Ford has nothing to do with what's being discussed.

OP, the bypass modules are for the newer Pioneer radios. The Kenwoods are nice and simple, ground the e-brake (light green) wire.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by helotaxi
What do you mean? Ford has nothing to do with what's being discussed.

OP, the bypass modules are for the newer Pioneer radios. The Kenwoods are nice and simple, ground the e-brake (light green) wire.
Ford is the one who decide when you will and wont use your navigation and dvd player arent they?? thats my point. its my truck, but i should be able to use it like THEY please. Sorry, its just annoying to me. I spent so much money and have to deal with something so ridiculous. thats like buying a car then finding it wont start unless the seatbelts are fastened, then it cuts off when you decide you need to unbuckle.

Thanks for the comment, i already ordered a lockpick for it now. dont plan on taking the factory nav unit out yet.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Motorsports-X
Ford is the one who decide when you will and wont use your navigation and dvd player arent they?? thats my point. its my truck, but i should be able to use it like THEY please. Sorry, its just annoying to me. I spent so much money and have to deal with something so ridiculous. thats like buying a car then finding it wont start unless the seatbelts are fastened, then it cuts off when you decide you need to unbuckle.

Thanks for the comment, i already ordered a lockpick for it now. dont plan on taking the factory nav unit out yet.
Actually the government decided when you can and can't use your DVD player. It is illegal in most states to have video playing in view of the driver with the vehicle in motion. The discussion is about aftermarket HU's anyway and nothing about how the Ford factory system is set up affects aftermarket HU's. They all require the parking brake to be set or the parking brake lockout to be bypassed for video to work regardless of what vehicle they are installed in.

Video and nav lockout with the vehicle moving is standard with most car makers, BTW and the nanny state is to blame, not the car makers.

Trending Topics

Old 08-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
some of the new headunits require you to engage/disengage/engage your e-brake before they work. So I just wired a toggle switch to that ground wire

The best part is that if I get stopped and they see the video screen all I have to do is flip the switch off and it shows the warning screen, not the movie.

Quick Reply: Video in motion