Overhead rail factory DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overhead rail factory DVD player

If you install one of the factory overhead DVD systems that go on the rails, how hard is it to do the wiring yourself? Is this something the average weekend garage warrior can do him self? I have a 2004 XLT SCREW if that helps.

Also, I no longer have the factory head unit. I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC, is this going to cause any problems? Honestly, I don't want the DVD to run sound through the speakers, I only want it to use the headphones. So I am guessing all I need is a source of power for it.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This might not be of help, but from I can tell with mine (2006 set up) the rear headphones work off an Infared Signal that plays back sound from the head unit. The actual DVD unit does not offer sound play back. Without Audio from the head unit your headphones wouldn't work. Even the wired headphones still get the audio playback from the HU.

Since you have an aftermarket Head Unit, I'd look into aftermarket Rail systems that will attach to the rails you have...... in the end it will be much easier to make things work I think?!

Best of luck

Nem

Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Dvd player comparable with after market radio

I have 05 screw with factory flip down DVD want to know is there any way to hook it up to a aftermarket cd player

Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 PM
brandmotion was the company that was providing interefaces or cables for these connections google them maybe they can help. Me myself I went with the Alpine PKG-RSE2 and I'm glad I did. Here is my installation

https://www.f150online.com/forums/mu...on-w-pics.html

Old 04-15-2012, 11:49 AM
I have the Myron & Davis Clone of the Factory Dvd unit,I found the witing tucked up in the headliner,Remove the forward storage bin & I seem to remember it was tucked in a hole there,I know I did not remove the headliner.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 AM
then with out removing the headliner how can you do all those?

Quick Reply: Overhead rail factory DVD player