CD player standard or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD player standard or not?

I bought a used 2004 FX4 about 6 months ago and had a discovery yesterday. I bought a CCR cd and could hardly wait to get in the truck and slide it in. I slid it in and nothing? Then the readout said no disk? So it took a key and pushed the cd in a little further and then heard a noise like it had fallen out the botton!
Well today I pulled off the trim around the radio(which works fine) and NO CD PLAYER! CRAP!
Was a cd player standard equipment on this vehicle? I googled the truck and year and it said yes. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I don't mean to sound rude but.......Is this a joke? If it has a CD player, it will have buttons on it that say AM/FM and CD. Are there any buttons on your stereo? There is also a MOTORIZED slot that will take the CD and pull it into the stereo.
If you bought the truck used, it could have ANY stereo in it. It won't matter what the options were.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:23 PM
No it is not a joke and you are not being rude. It has the slot and cd buttons but no cd player. Yes, I should have checked it before but, since I rarely listen to it I just never had the instance to check it. Dumb,,,,probably but it is what it is.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:46 PM
All I can say is WOW! My 04 Lariat can with an in dash 6 disk changer. It looks like this

I have recently removed it. It still worked perfectly. I cannot believe that someone would remove the just CD section of the stereo!

Old 12-23-2010, 09:01 PM
I just had a thought...... How did you put the disk in? If you just pushed it in, you might have ROYALLY screwed it up.
The correct procedure is
Press load CD
Select slot you wish to load 1-6
Then insert disk.
What sounds like happened is, you inserted the disk and the mechanism wasn't in the transport position.
You said that you pulled the trim off around the stereo..... WHAT TRIM? The side trim like pictured in my picture? (wood grain) Or the face of the stereo itself? If the latter..... throw it in the trash. It more than likely worked, you just didn't RTFM and put a disk into the top of the unit. It can be fixed providing you didn't rip the face of the stereo off. If you need assistance, let me know. I can send you pictures of the entire unit and what it looks like and how to remove the disk SAFELY. The stereo bolts into the dash. The ENTIRE unit just slides out in one piece. It takes about 5 minutes tops to remove the factory stereo.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I pulled off the wood grain trim, it snapped off easy and the whole face of radio and a/c controls, so much you can see everything. The cd player is just not there. I can see the connectors and all so, I'll call the local Go Auto business and get one from a wrecked vehicle. I may even go to a 6 disk system if they have one.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm really trying to help you out here....... you said you pulled off the face of the stereo with the woodgrain...... It doesn't work this way. The stereo is bolted into the dash. It is a completely separate unit.
In the top of the factory HU is a bunch of dead space. The CD player operates on a carriage assembly that moves up and down. The top left button on my picture is the load and eject button. Once pressed, if will ask me what disk I want to load. If you just inserted a CD, it wouldn't have gone into anything except space.
This is all a mute point though of you pulled the front face of the stereo off though..... it's more than likely totaled now anyway.

Quick Reply: CD player standard or not?