2016 F150 Lariat Backup Camera - odd behavior

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2016 F150 Lariat Backup Camera - odd behavior

I have a 2016 F150 Supercrew Ecoboost that's continuing to have problems with the backup camera (see pic below). The Factory Head Unit has already been replaced once for this issue by the original owner. It got me thinking maybe it's the camera and not the head unit (which ran about $1,250 from the local Ford Service Department). So, needless to say, I don't see myself doing that again. Has anyone experienced this particular issue with the factory Sony system?

This picture is a picture of the backup camera screen, when put into reverse, inside my garage.

-------> Immediately when I put the truck in reverse I get this screen. It's rendered useless at this point. It operates normally when driving forward.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:01 PM
It's become an inconsistent type of issue if that helps anyone's ideas????

Old 07-31-2021, 05:23 PM
I want to keep trying to fix the camera, so, I unplugged the factory camera, cleaned out the basta***connector with compressed air, put it back together and my efforts failed as the Sony 8" screen stays in a fixed solid blue screen with no functionality of the reverse camera function at all. Anybody have a better idea(s)?

Quick Reply: 2016 F150 Lariat Backup Camera - odd behavior