Backup/Reverse camera with Night-Vision - opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Backup/Reverse camera with Night-Vision - opinion?

Hi,
I have noticed some threads about this subject, i.e installation and such.. I bought the Exonic cam which listed as night vision capable, but it proved wrong. I am looking to replace it with the IR capabillity and read some reviews about Boyo VTK350, its a Key hole shaped, flashed and CHeap ($50)!! can anyone share some opinion about their Night vision cameras? nothing fancy, looking to invest somewhere around ~$100. but, the most important is the reversing in dark spots. thanks.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm running the Boyo VTL300 and it's everything I could ask for in a reverse cam. It's amazing how easy you can see at night. From tons of research, I found the CCD cameras are better than the CMOS cameras. The VTK350 is a CMOS camera. My point is I don't know if it's so good at night because it's a CCD or not, but after making this purchase, I couldn't imagine finding anything better. I'm very satisfied with it. Boyo makes a few less expensive than the VTL300, but they were made of plastic. I wanted the metal license plate frame because I do a lot of loading and unloading with my tailgate off and thought the metal frame would be more durable, but that's yet to be seen. I got it on Amazon for $142.49 shipped.

Last edited by wmitch927; 08-27-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Backup/Reverse camera with Night-Vision - opinion?