OEM Nav Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Nav Issue

hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone can help me out before I have to return this. I purchased an OEM nav from ebay and the guy gave me a great deal and he reprogrammed it for my 07 F-150 lariat screw w/ audiophile. I installed the nav, antenna and DVD and it all worked great. I turned the truck off and when I went to use it again the screen went blank and it was complaining about a dvd install failure and let me eject the disk once, I put it back in and the unit would freeze and now it no longer turns on. I contacted the seller and he is going to refund me the money and gave me the following response. I just want to make sure there is nothing I can do to get this working, and would rather not eat the nav dvd and antenna I bought. thanks for any help.

"I have some sad news for you, on the number 2 pin of the 24 pin plug, there is a relay in operation just for the particular truck you have. In other medels and even the XL for the F150, that relay is not present. In other words, your truck proably blew a fuse ---- and that's why it wont come on. Another factor that would cause the fuse to blow is when you backed up, 12 volts were applied to the radio on pin 15. On the radio you have, the MS can operates the backup sensors ---- your truck uses the old methoid. The fact of the matter is, you cannot use this radio. When you put your radio back in, the relay may start to work an it will turn, but now the relay on pin 2 has taken itself out of the circuit. Please let me know when you will be shipping --- I have a nav radio made just for your truck, it cost more. After Monday, I can give you some figures or you might try Ebay under gps, navigation. Sorry things didn't work-out."

Old 09-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Sounds like the biggest line of bs I ever heard. If he reprogramed it for your 07 he would/should have changed the rev sens parameters for hardwire not ms can or at least shut it off. As far as another one that cost more again bs. A NEW FORD nav can be programed to whatever you want, if infact you have a programmer. Sounds like he doesn't.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 AM
so is this thing shot or can I have it reprogrammed the right way?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Looking for nothinbutaford.

nothinbutaford, Do you still have factory nav systems available?

Quick Reply: OEM Nav Issue