Should I Buy the Factory NAV System?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I Buy the Factory NAV System?

My lease is up on my current truck (Dodge Ram) and I plan to buy a loaded 2007 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4. In fact, I'm going to order it this coming Monday. I can't make up my mind if I want to pay for the factory navigation system or if it would make sense to buy one aftermarket. I'm thinking the factory one would be nice because it's already built-in and would be less hassle than something that is portable. However, is it worth the extra price? Would I be better off (both price and quality wise) buying something aftermarket?

I'd be very interested in other's opinions.

thanks!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I really like the factory NAV and the sound is great with the Audiophile setup too. I would skip the NAV, get the Audiophile setup, and then buy a brand new factory NAV from Mark on here, it'll save you about $500.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I went with the portable nav. The main reason is what if we take the wife's car somewhere (it gets better gas mileage). Besides with the portable I can take it out if I'm in a bad area of town.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:13 AM
I got factory nav in my wifes minivan, and i will have it in my truck as soon as i get my units back from Mark (nutinbutaford). I would get it factory installed due to it will be covered by the factory warranty. I know that the units that Mark sells are covered by the remaining factory warranty that you have, but i can see the dealers balking at that.... So get, you'll love it!

Old 05-13-2007, 10:07 AM
alot will tell you that they are overpriced...but nobody pays sticker for options...its about $400 less than what sticker is. it looks factory clean...the plastic around the screen and buttons match the rest of the truck. so its not that much more than most out on market and less some. this thing works all factory contols on steering wheel work....there is no splicing or extra harnesses to buy no anntena to add. it can be financed when you buy the truck. and it will be warrantied with the truck.

some will say that it sucks because it will not play video,,,what do you need that to do that for...are you driving??? go in the house to watch a movie??? look at getting a honda civic if you want it for the cool factor. other say it doesnt work as well...what does any other do that this one doesnt...this is my 3rd gps vehicle and only the bmw one was better in finding points of intrest not acutal locations.

Quick Reply: Should I Buy the Factory NAV System?