Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Shenandoah Valley, Gordonsville just east of Charlottesville, any wheeling areas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shenandoah Valley, Gordonsville just east of Charlottesville, any wheeling areas?

Going to be staying at Shenandoah Crossing in Gordonsville Sun, Mon, Tuesday with some family. Its east of Charlottesville and just north of 64. Are you guys aware of any off road parks or wheeling spots nearby, within an hour drive or so?

Old 07-19-2012, 02:07 PM

I guess not, looking online looks like theres a couple around two hours away. Anyone ever been to Rocky Run, South Pedlars, Takers Cap and Peters Mill Run OHV trail in the George Washington National Forrest? There's also a private one Big Boys Playground harrisonburg.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Never been to any of those, but there are allot of trails off of hwy 33 in the G.W. national Forrest just before the VA/WV border. I haven't been up many of those, nor have I spoken with anyone in the area who does much wheeling anymore

Old 10-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Nice place Shenandoah Crossing, wife and I stayed there back in April coming back from her sister's in Maryland.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 PM

I never did any wheeling up there, didn't have time anyway to go looking, and my brother in law didn't bring his Jeep anyway. Next trip is in January and is a little more past that at Canaan Valley Resort in WV, which i see is off 33. Hopefully we will get snow and get a chance to ride around a bit.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
I know this is late, but just south of Shenandoah crossing, there is a road called Hound Dog Blvd that connects 15 and 33. It's a mud hole, bring your mud shoes.

Quick Reply: Shenandoah Valley, Gordonsville just east of Charlottesville, any wheeling areas?