Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Moving to MD near DC

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to MD near DC

Hello All,
I'm in the process of moving to MD this May. I'm in the military and just got orders to go to Andrews Air Force base. I'm a southern boy and haven't been up north for the winter time. Is there any recommendations of things i should do to the truck.

Thanks in advance

Shawn

Old 12-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Also looking for a good 4WD shop, looking to upgrade my gears and installing a L/S. I currently go to 4 Wheel Parts, but did not see one up there in MD.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Cajun_Nuts
Is there any recommendations of things i should do to the truck.
Make sure you have a good coating of wax for all the damn salt they put on the roads up here for the minimal amount of snow. Welcome to MD and sweet truck you have there.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Nothing I can really recommend to you on your truck. Im also stationed at Andrews, if you have any questions shoot me a PM on here and ill help you out the best I can. If you need some advice on where to move and where to stay from I can also help you out on that.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the area. I work at the Pentagon, but live in Dumfries, VA. Let me know if you need anything.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 AM
im stationed at ft belvoir, and i am from northeast pa. the snow here is a joke and im sure its not much different up there. i wouldnt sweat it and remember...dont slam on your brakes or gas like everyone here does and thinks its smart.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Only thing that sucks is the parking garages. I have a stock screw and can't even fit into some of them. Just be careful. Even if they say a certain high, they aren't always. I'm glad i have a moon-roof b/c I've had to back out of one once because it had a slope in certain area for some reason.

Quick Reply: Moving to MD near DC