Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Blackwood Folding Mirrors and grab handle leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackwood Folding Mirrors and grab handle leak

I have a 2002 Blackwood and if I heavily lubricate the mirrors with WD-40 I can get them to fold for a couple of months. Then they fail again. What do I do next?

Also, now that I do not have the truck garaged, after a rain, water pours in to the cab from the drivers grab handle. This truck does not have a satelite installed. What do you recommend to seal out the water?

Thanks!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:16 AM
My mirrors will occasionally not work the first time I flip the switch to retract them. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to it. It does it in all temps, wet or dry. It has done this since I purchased the B/W and the dealership can find nothing wrong. I am waiting for a total fail so I can get it replaced under warranty.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:44 PM
i know im a bit late on the post but its from your drip rail on the sunroof, also check that the drain tubes are still attached or not clogged. i had to delete my drip rail after numerous times to the dealer ship with it jambing the sunroof. they never fixed it and wasnt broken to the point of replacement. so i took it to my shop and took the thing out. functions fine now but leaks right where your talking about. i will tell ya now thats a good hour job if you know what your doing so expect it to take a while and be careful.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 PM
drip rail

thanks so much. fortunately it is not too late. Tried various liquid sealers, never thought it came from the sunroof!! What/where are the drain tubes? I removed a metal section from inside of the sun roof as it was banging around, it appears like it was a stop to prevent the cover from going too far back. Not sure if yours still leaks at the handrails though, as you mentioned you took the drip rail out, works fine, but leaks. It is the leak I would like to stop.

[QUOTE=64tbird;4686265]i know im a bit late on the post but its from your drip rail on the sunroof, also check that the drain tubes are still attached or not clogged. i had to delete my drip rail after numerous times to the dealer ship with it jambing the sunroof. they never fixed it and wasnt broken to the point of replacement. so i took it to my shop and took the thing out. functions fine now but leaks right where your talking about. i will tell ya now thats a good hour job if you know what your doing so expect it to take a while and be careful

Old 10-03-2011, 11:47 PM
the drain tubes go down the a pillars but since you removed that center metal piece, that is your problem. that is the rear drip rail, it lets the water seeping in the back to drain to the sides where it goes to the drain tubes. You said it was banging around, thats the same problem i was encountering. it was starting to jamb the operation of the sunroof its self. i tried to put it back many times but it would just jamb again and pop violently out of place. i took it to the dealer ship while it was still under warranty and they couldn't make it work properly either. i picked the lesser of the two evils, ill lake a little leak over breaking the glass any day, plus i park in a garage and while driving you really don't get any leakage. The thing i was going to try was see if you can get the drip rail from the dealer, and re-install the new one. but i think mine is bent from jambing, if yours was just loose i would try and put it back on. just be careful if it tries to pop off

Quick Reply: Blackwood Folding Mirrors and grab handle leak