Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

test Drove a Blackwood today

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool test Drove a Blackwood today

It's a very nice truck. It has a very nice driving environment with great climate controlled seats an excellent ride and good handling. The brakes are great and the motor has good power though it could use the Supercharged Harley Davidson motor for the asking price (though with the trouble that they are having moving these things you can surely cut a heck of a deal. All in all if I hadn't bought an Expy in september I would be tempted to offer them about 12k below MSRP and see if the would take it.

Old 04-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I, too, drove one. TOTALLY OVER PRICED. It's just a glorified SCREW. *shrugs* I mean, I liked it but, let's be realistic here folks. It costs over 50 THOUSAND DOLLARS!

I don't think you're going to pick one up cheap now... they announced that they're no longer going to make the Blackwoods and thus, that's going to make it a collector's item. With the slim production and the fact that they are no longer.... collectors might gobble a few of them up.

There's one for sale here in Louisville if anybody is interested... it's right at 55 THOUSAND CASH. If you've got that type of money, I've got some swamp land in Guam that I think you'll be interested in...

Old 04-16-2002, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glorified Screw? Yes But. . .

Yes the Blackwood is a Glorified Screw but it would easily tack a Screw Bed full of cash to make the Screw this nice a truck (if 2WD is all you need) In fact after you haggle with the dealer a bit you may be surprised.

The Blackwood I drove was on a Dealer Lot in Petersburg, VA. and "stickered" for $52,485. After my drive I "offered" $42k (as a joke 'cuase I know they have alot of inventory that needs to be sold) The salesman was all over me. It seems that they have been given the order to "move" these trucks out and quickly.

Now I'm not saying that the dealer you visited was as motivated as the one I did, or that if you go in trying to pay "sticker" that they wouldn't let you. What I am saying is that these things CAN be picked up at $8,000 to $10,000 BELOW sticker price.

I looked at a completily "Loaded" Screw for comparison. It was 2WD yet had every other possible option (Lariat, 5.4L, 3.73 LS, Tow Package, Leather, etc., etc., etc.) and it stickered for $38,320.

All I'm saying is that for a couple grand more you get a motor with 40HP extra (many folks pay over $1500 and only get about 25HP with all their "mods") You also get all the "goodies", climate controled seats, etc., etc., etc., etc. I mean this thing is PACKED with goodies.

Old 04-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, no doubt, it has the bells and whistles (which I like alot) but, I still can't justify the price difference. And, I'm not much on the fiberglass bed.

Sounds like the dealership you were dealing with is HOT TO TROT on moving that thing. If you've got an extra $50K laying around to toss at it, DO IT. For one, it's a slick ride and, for two, it'll be a collectors item.

Quick Reply: test Drove a Blackwood today