Lightning

Where to get headders jet-hot coated??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 09:23 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Where to get headders jet-hot coated??

Can you take any headders and get them jet-hot coated? or is this a process in the manufacturing?

I have been shopping for headders and it seems je-hot is the only way to go.

I was initially looking at gettting the Edelbrock chrome/nickel coated headders(they are 17 gauge stainless steel. Do they still need to be coated??). They sell for $379. That's alot better than the $1000 for a set of coated Bassani's.

Are the JBA shortys equal-length? Are they coated? Where's the best place to get them from?

OR, should I get the Edelbrocks and have them coated? Just don't have a clue where to get it done?

Last edited by Galaxy; 07-16-2002 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Galaxy,

I know there is a Jet-Hot in Tempe, AZ as I have taken a number of parts to them (ranging from a set of Gibson/JBA stainless steel headers for a 5.4L to headers and tuned pipes for my nitro R/C cars). They can coat just about anything and their turnaround time is usually less than a week. You can send the headers to them after you've purchased them as it doesn't have to be done during the manufacturing process. You can reach the AZ shop (I believe they also have one back east) at (480) 838-1815.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Old 07-16-2002, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe they also have a shop in Alabama or Mississippi as well as the one out west. You can get their web site at www.jet-hot.com and ask them for quotes. Usually, the price is based on the length and diameter of the pipe you're coating.

Hope this helps.
Steve

Old 07-16-2002, 01:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What do you guys think about getting the Edelbrock headders and having them coated? I know alot of you say the JBA's are awesome but the Edelbrocks are a little cheaper and I can get them coated and save a little money. I'm sure the Edelbrocks are a good piece. They usually have top notch stuff and start off $100 cheaper than the JBA's. I'm surprised no one has used them yet.

Quick Reply: Where to get headders jet-hot coated??