Lightning

Az Rt Vs. Lightning Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Az Rt Vs. Lightning Shootout

ANYONE KNOW ANY MORE INFO ON THIS SHOOTOUT ON FRIDAY JUNE 7. WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE LIGHTNINGS SMOKE THES RTS. HOW MANY LIGHTNINGS ARE PLANNING ON GOING ANYWAY.

Old 05-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Hey,

I think I know you. I used to live over by Alma School and Ray Rd.

You used to have a Black Gen I with a vortech, and then there was an annoying Dodge Dakota that had your company logo on the windshield, too. I remember that I liked the L, but whoever drove the Dakota needed a serious a$$ whoopin' many times over. I lived just three blocks over. My brother and I had a few late model mustangs. He speaks highly of your shop, I just haven't had the time to visit. Perhaps I'll come down there with him and we'll talk some.

BTW- If I can ever get my L back from Berge- I'm in for the 7th.

Later,

Old 05-06-2002, 11:32 PM
I THINK I KNOW WHO YOU AR. I THINK WE RACED YOU A WHILE BACK WITH A BLACK SUPERDUTY 4WD. THE DEAL ON THE RACE IS IT WILL BE A BRACKET STYLE WITH A PRO .500 TREE. THE GATES SUPPOSEDLY OPEN AT 4:30. DONT KNOW IF I WILL BE THERE THAT EARLY THOUGH. NEED TO DO SOME RT SPANKIN.

Old 05-06-2002, 11:37 PM
dude, we are all less than 3 feet from our screens, no need to shout!

Old 05-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Using all CAPS is considered shouting ...

Pro 5.0 is a mustang class

Sportsman tree is .500 for perfect light with 3 yellows and .500 between them and .400 is perfect on Pro tree with one yellow and .400 between it and the green

Doug

Old 05-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Wrongday,What's your truck in the shop for.I'm a Mgr @ Berge,maybe I could expedite for you??
let me know,-Dave.

Old 05-07-2002, 06:49 PM
kjbartling
So who was the guy with the Dodge that had the Dakota and needed an a$$ whooping?? Ha ha...

Anyway, i'd like to go, could be pretty fun! I know a few others that would like to go as well.

Old 05-08-2002, 02:55 PM
The dakota was a 98 sport, with a very loud exhaust. i guess it annoyed him. would smoke rts though,

Old 05-09-2002, 12:28 AM
Yea, That was me ya'll raced that night.

I remember two things really. . .I remember that the big black truck was pretty damn fast, and I remember that the dude in the back seat was pretty damn drunk. Who was that? After I turned I remember thinking what the hell did that guy do to that thing to make such a big truck so quick. . .and what a pitty it would be if that dude puked inside such a cool truck. Was the Dakota that fast? I remember racing that thing in a '95 T-bird and pretty much cleaning him up. Although my ears were bloody from the open headers that dude ran. Perhaps I'm thinking of someone else.

So if you see me again, please pull me over and we'll talk.

BADBOLT2- Man, I am BEYOND pissed at Berge. I know more than the damn service tech did about this truck. Bob the service manager was a complete waste of time. His idea of going above and beyond was giving me a rental Focus after he had already had my L for 8 days. I'm angry and bitter, and I have good reason to be. But it wasn't your fault, and today I finally got my truck back. After I (yes I) fixed it. . .runs good as new. Javier C. was my service advisor, maybe he can fill you in- if he remembers anything about my truck even being there. He doesn't know about the vacuum lines that the service tech laid across the EGR tube that melted apart, though. That was another thing I had to fix yesterday. Oh well. This experience, bad as it was, wasn't as bad as the service manager from Earnhardts that called me and asked if he could take my truck home over the weekend for 'diagnostic verifications', though. My faith in dealrships dwendles daily. I should have dealt with you, brother.

Last edited by WrongdayJ; 05-09-2002 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-09-2002, 05:20 PM
Sorry to hear that,at least you 've got it back now.I'll check into this!

Old 05-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Monday my '01 is going in for:
1. Transmission problems (there is a TSB on this)
2. The front end clunk
3. It sputtured and puked all the way home last night. Bad MAF? Going in for this too.

Of course I was reminded of the term "Fix Or Repair Daily" by a fellow Ford owner.

I'm going to Lou Grubb, let's see if i can get good service at a dealer around here!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2002, 12:51 PM
Right on.

Lou Grubb and Sanderson are the two dealerships I prefer, but when your truck is on the hook, and it's Ford's dime, they take it to the nearest dealership. . .whether they are competitent or not.

BADBOLT2- please let me know what you find out.

Old 05-10-2002, 01:07 PM
I'll put the shipping on my dime (my insurance companies rather, they pay for shipping). I'll keep everyone posted on the Lou Grubb experience.

Quick Reply: Az Rt Vs. Lightning Shootout