Lightning

Problem with belltech kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problem with belltech kit!!!

Hey guys!
I need help I had my Belltech 2" lowering kit and 2" shackle installed today.....everything was just fine and look great....but..when i went over the speed bump....the front spring made a "Crack" sound.... so..what the hell was that?should i get a bump stop??

I think overall handling didnt improve at all....Im using the stock shocks...should i go for new one...?what kind?plzplz...give me a hand or some suggestions....

Thank you very much....

Old 05-01-2002, 10:16 AM
Definately get some new shocks, they will help out. If you want to spend the money the QA1's are an excellent choice, if you can't afford them they go with the belltech shocks.

Also when you went over the bump were you turning? If so you may have to grease your steering stops. Alot of trucks do that when cutting the wheel hard, it's like a popping cracking type noise, mostly just aggrivating.

Old 05-01-2002, 11:17 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
You already have a bump stop.

1.Shocks tight?

2.Did you reinstall the rubber cushion on the top of the spring when you installed them.?

3.Did you install cam adjusters so you can get it aligned?

Stock shock will still work for a while.

Old 05-01-2002, 11:39 AM
I had left my back stock shocks in because i was sent the wrong drop shocks for the rear and had already put the whole drop kit on. The ride in the rear was really stiff and made a bad sound when the shocks were compressed. The sound and the crappy ride went away when i put the right shocks in. My drop was 4" so thats more drastic on the stock set than 2" is. Definity get those adjustable cambers like tampasvt said. They are super cheap and easy to put on. You can get a good deal on the nitro active drop shocks at ( they say its cheaper to order online instead of the phone )

http://www.tognottisautoworld.com/Pr...oshockappl.asp

Quick Reply: Problem with belltech kit!!!