Lightning

Finally! Got my 2002 Lightning!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally! Got my 2002 Lightning!

Well guys, it's official, I finally have my 2002 True Blue Lightning! I finally got the call from the dealership saying that all the paperwork came in, and we got it all taken care of this morning! I am so absolutely excited, and I guess i'll need to change my signature now. I can't believe how much fun i'm having, even though it's an automatic! The blower whine is also absolutely addictive as well. Also, the pinging that I had from the engine when I test drove it a while back, is also gone and the engine pulls harder than I even remember it pulling! I just can't believe that a pickup truck can be so fun to drive. I have recieved so many compliments and waves already today from just driving around town to and from work and school. I already burned off a 1/4 tank of gas because i'm having so much fun driving it. My dealer absolutely did one hell of a job helping me out. They were the ones who convinced Ford to buy my lemon Cobra back, and they even worked with Ford to give me 0% financing on my new 2002 Lightning! I don't know what they did, but they did one hell of a job to be able to obtain 0% financing for me on a vehicle that is now excluded from special financing offers. If you guys in Cincinnat ever need a good dealer, Mike Nolan at John Nolan Ford will really pull through to help you out. They have been really patient with me as well, and were always willing to listen when I would rant and vent on them.

Old 05-01-2002, 12:53 AM
Dude, You only burned a 1/4 of a tank the first day...Why aren't you out driving it RIGHT NOW???

Chikin@Charter.net
---------------------------
Black '01
Born on 5-3-01
#3603 of 6381
410HP/503ft.lbs @ Normal Temp. w/o N2O
JL Logocaps w/Keychain
JL 3# Lower Pulley
Sean Hyland 2# Upper Pulley
JDM Cold Air
JDM Boost Bypass
JDM/Accufab Throttle Body
JDM Longtubes w/ Silver-Bullet cat-back
JDM Cobra R pump
JDM Eletric Fan
JDM 2” Drop Shackles
PSP 4-Way Autologic Chip ( Tow, Street,Track, N20 )
PSP FactoryTech Valvebody
PSP Deep Tranny Pan
PSP DriveShaftLoop
PSP Truck-Traks
PSP Nitrous Plate
Nitrous Express 50-150 Kit ( Can’t decide which jets to use )
NGK / TR6’s ( .040gap )
Hoosier DOT’s 28 x 10 x 16

Old 05-01-2002, 08:24 AM
Super dealer work and a great truck. Btw, the earlier pinging might have been from some 87 oct. gas that was put in by mistake???

Dan

Old 05-01-2002, 08:38 AM
Congrats! From one former SHO owner (DfwSho) to another I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. I always wondered why on Earth you bought an 01 Cobra after the SHO.

Oh well, at least you made up for your mistake.

Old 05-01-2002, 10:58 AM
Former SHO owner(J95MTX) here as well, 95 ATX/95MTX Stage 1, then I went to a contour SVT, dont ask why, I dunno either.

Just picked my 02 Silver up 2 weeks ago..it gets funner, and faster the more miles you put on, im sad to say I only have 450mi on mine right now, but I just work to much.

Old 05-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Thumbs up

I find it pretty impressive how a bunch of us former SHO owners have made our ways into a Lightning! There must be something there to attract us in. As you guys might know, I owned a 99 v8sho, and a 95 MTX v6 sho.

Quick Reply: Finally! Got my 2002 Lightning!