Lightning

Question for clear taillight users....

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for clear taillight users....

This is a wierd question, & kinda off topic but.....Im bored ok. I love the clear taillight lenses on my truck and I have noticed that many owners of 99-00 Ls have converted to them. My question is would you have converted to them (HONESTLY) if they were not stock on 01-02 Ls? Say, if they were made by Altezza as a replacement. I do not believe I would have if I owned a 99-00 and they werent stock on 01-02. But I would have if I owned a 99-00 and they came stock on the 01-02, like they do. The reason I ask is I caught myself being hyppocritical(?spell?) last night. I am a member of ricecop.com and noticed myself stressing someone for having clear altezza headlights.....then felt like a moron and took back my statement, (deleted it). Most of us cant stand the Uncle Bens crowd, and many of us go out of our way to torture them(not pointing any fingers, If your not included, I dig it. no flames eh...).....yet we are sporting one of thier signature goofs, as well as some of us going out of our way to do it. I have a friend with a 00 that said be got them and the third brakelight as well as aftermarket rims so no one would know his was older. Just wondering what you guys thought.

Old 04-30-2002, 03:05 PM
It probably wouldn't have made any difference for me until I saw them on someone elses truck. I do think they look awesome and I'm glad they were stock on my truck. I would buy them if they weren't though.

Last edited by dealerjim; 04-30-2002 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:09 PM
if i had a 99-00 and they werent stock on 01 i definetly wouldnt have changed. but since they are i would have. but i dont have a 99-00 i have an 01 and at first i hated the lights but now they have grown on me and i cant live without them. i am a member of ricecop to, kinda[i just hand out tickets], and i have given them out just because of the clear lights but since they come stock on out trucks no one can really say anything. thats how i see it.

Old 04-30-2002, 03:10 PM
Talking

clear tailight should come with a complimentary pair of the huge shorts that hang like someone just "pants" you

or something

Old 04-30-2002, 03:46 PM
I love them on my `02, and would definitely put them on had they not been stock. They MATCH the CLEAR headlights just fine.

Not all things are rice, and not all rice things are bad. For me, the rice element comes in when the vehicle is "overdone" (for MY taste, right?)

brad

Old 04-30-2002, 04:00 PM
My sentiments exactly....

Last edited by dealerjim; 04-30-2002 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:14 PM
I think the L taillights look professionally made...unlike several altezza's found on Civics, Eclipses, and even 'stangs. If you have seen the aftermarket altezza's made for the supercrew taillights (same shape as L)...you would agree that they look butt ugly. Even the altezza's on the new altima look as cheap as garbage...IMO

Anyway, I have them on my '01 HD and would definately have gotten them even if they hadn't been made by Ford for the Lightning.

Lynyrd Skynyrd rocks!

Trending Topics

Old 04-30-2002, 04:32 PM
aftermarket

the aftermarket ones look like crap compared to the oem. I splurged cause i had to have them. Look great on the red truck especially. Now if money only grew on trees, i'd have the clear heads and corners next.

Quick Reply: Question for clear taillight users....