Lightning

WTF...Ticket cause of L???(long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF...Ticket cause of L???(long)

Okay, so I live in Maryland right, last night I took my mother to Fairfax hospital (she wasnt feeling well)15 miles into Virginia . On my way back from the hospital at around 2 in the morning while on Rt.495 (capital beltway), my radar starts to go off and yes I see a pair of lights right behind me, good thing I hadnt been speeding at all. I could literally see the "welcome to Maryland" sign like maybe 1/2 a mile ahead when the blue lights go off. Okay so I pull over wondering what I did, he says , " i thought thats what it was.." . okay so the radar was iilegal he says in the state of Virgina, so I tried to tell him why I guess I didnt see the big sign that radars are iilegal, my mother had a mild stroke and I wasnt paying to much attention except to her. He say " not my problem, you need to follow the law" So I say okay whatever, he goes in the car writes the ticket up. When he comes back I asked him why he waited until I almost reached the Maryland line to pull me over he says " thats what i like to do son, sign at the dotted line. " I sign, as he is leaving he returns and says and I quote " You know I really dont care for Lightnings, just an ugly truck that any Syclone can beat"........., I couldnt even find anything to say, it blew my mind. So what im thinking is, I think I got a ticket for the L or just another As***le cop.....still venting..........

Old 03-29-2002, 09:14 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
I think I would have smoked the ole' F1's for about, let's say.... 1/2 mile.

Would have made a lasting impression on him, or something...

Old 03-29-2002, 09:17 AM
What an assh0le. What I would have said was, "I don't like assh0le cops either. But I can sell my L and get a Syclone. Not that I would, but I can. But you'd always be an assh0le."

Old 03-29-2002, 09:44 AM
BTW, as i was getting my ticket I saw a 2001-02 White Lightning blow by. Sounded like a mean exaust, just wonderin if it was anyone here on 495 around 12am to 1am?

Old 03-29-2002, 10:14 AM
KGM
Wink

Those crazy GM guys always play'in games.

Old 03-29-2002, 10:30 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Originally posted by blowntruck
BTW, as i was getting my ticket I saw a 2001-02 White Lightning blow by. Sounded like a mean exaust, just wonderin if it was anyone here on 495 around 12am to 1am?
JJ perhaps? hehe

Old 03-29-2002, 12:06 PM
Maybe, ill ask him tonite, sure sounded like his bad a** exaust though hehe...

Old 03-29-2002, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a jerk. I would file a complaint with his department. Could get his car # and get one of your friends or relatives to report him speeding with no lights/siren. Believe me, they will not be happy about that. One more reason why I bought a white L...stealth.

Old 03-29-2002, 01:04 PM
Can you get a ticket for giving him one of these?

Old 03-29-2002, 02:00 PM
Was the officer driving a Ford or Chevy?

Old 03-29-2002, 02:06 PM
should have roasted the tires all the way to the state line and never looked back.

Old 03-29-2002, 02:12 PM
yeah definitely file a complaint with the department. if you werent speeding and i imagine you also were far enough away that he couldnt see the radar detector except if he had night vision or somethin. anyways...yeah file a complaint. state trooper right? drivin a ford or chevy? he might not have had his nightly box of dozen donuts (no offense to you cops out there)

Old 03-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Don't worry he sounds like a unhappy guy, He probably goes back to the station and jumps in his Chevy chevette.

Old 03-29-2002, 02:16 PM
Angry

Couple of things

What side of the Cap. Beltway ?

see them do this all the time just before the Wilson Bridge... If it was really 1/2 mile, you could've easily justified not stopping in the Commonwealth, and when approached in MD, kindly inform the officer that he's in MD now, no felony having occurred, you'll be on your way...

Get a better, more concealed radar detector. I presume he saw your display based on the write up.

Radar detector is a 'no warning offense' in VA.
It's also not a moving violation in either state, so your insurance won't go up.

You could file a professional conduct complaint against the ***... I'm betting he probably said some other, inflamatory things to you as well...

[revenge]
someone I know *very well* was riding his very fast motorcycle to work one morning, and came upon a similar stop. A car detained about 400 Yards from a county border. Brand new stop, this person was able to notice the officer get out, spend 5 seconds affixing goofy cop hat just so, and stroll up to the vehicle. This person took great offense at seeing some poor innocent motorist getting what would surely be a bs speeding ticket, so, at a speed of 50, downshifted from 6th, to 1st 1 gear at a time & whacked open the throttle. said officer was allegedly last seen picking up above mentioned goofy hat after running too fast back to his cruiser...

Old 03-29-2002, 02:48 PM
The officer had a Ford Crown Victoria, yup state police, and was coming from Falls Church towards Rt.95 Baltimore. Yea, i dont see how he saw the radar, first of all i have tinted windows, 2nd it was in the "dark" mode, where it only makes sound. Unless cops can detect radars detectors...
btw, it really was a 1/2 mile or so to the state line, but I didnt feel like being involved in any beatings j/k

Quick Reply: WTF...Ticket cause of L???(long)