Lightning

Hard starting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard starting?

I've had this problem for some time now, but it has started to get pretty annoying. Many times on a hot restart it will take two or three tries to get my truck started. Some times when it does start it just stumbles and then fires up. It's most noticeable when I've been at the track and I'm constantly having to start to pull up in the lanes. Anyone else have this problem? I had heard something about a camsahft sensor getting dirty or something? Anyone know what the fix is for this one? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-10-2002, 01:37 PM
Having a 2000 L, do you still have the original plugs? If so, how many miles on them? As plugs wear, the larger gap can cause 'hard starting'.

How many miles on your fuel filter?

Dan

Old 02-10-2002, 06:15 PM
Original plugs (gonna change them next week), original fuel filter, around 16k miles on the truck. Those are likely culprits. Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-10-2002, 07:35 PM
I have had this problem since the day that I got my L. I have turned it into the dealer to look at and all they told me was, "Blah blah blah...we can't find anything wrong....blah blah blah... we're incompetent... blah blah blah." That was in the fall when I got my L, and it has gotten worse with the cold. In fact, I am turning my L in next week because it will start, but then stall, and I have my "check engine soon" light on.

Jeremy Withrow
2001 Lightning
North Pole, Alaska
Farthest North Lightning in the world
"Exploring the arctic at 140 MPH!"

Quick Reply: Hard starting?