Lightning

Looking for underbody pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for underbody pictures

Of the 99-04 Lightning. There are 2 asphalt water deflector shields. I'm trying to figure out where they go. I can figure out one side of each, but no clue on the opposite sides. I thought I knew where the big one went, but its only got 4 holes and the place I thought it went has 5. Its possible thats where the small one goes though.

Also trying to figure out how to tighten the bumper cover, because it sits low and can be moved up and down at the front.

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
you got pictures of what you have? maybe we can help that way

Old 08-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Sure, these are what I have. The short one on the right I'm pretty sure connects to the bottom of the bumper and someplace else. It was missing when I got the truck, so I can't be certain. The middle one goes around all the tubing and I thought connected to the intercooler support, except it has 4 holes and the support has 5, so nothing lines up. And the one on the left was the one that was hanging that I pulled off. It has 5 holes and was connected to the intercooler support, but as seen in the last pic, its also shorter than the new one with the same part number.

Left - Splash shield that I removed Center - New "replacement", Same P/N Right - Air deflector dealer says I need that was missing

Left - New splash shield Right - Old one

New is about 4-5" longer and has less holes

Old 08-26-2018, 07:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yea the one you removed goes between the core support and the front bumper. the large slotted holes should go around the transmission cooler lines

Old 08-26-2018, 11:43 PM
I got the back part on (the part around the tranny lines, etc), but theres no place to put the front part. The bumper has 5 holes, just like the intercooler support. Theres nothing I can see that has 4 holes like this shield does.
Wish there was another one around at a dealer. I'd go over with my jack and take a look.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Update in case anyone else is looking in the future, the 4 hole part goes above the heat exchanger. You need to remove it and the holes are in the bumper support. The small one goes between the bottom exchanger bracket and the bumper cover fascias (tuck the side with the grommets inside the cover, and use the grommets to hold the pushpins from the outside going in).

Quick Reply: Looking for underbody pictures