Lightning

Time to make the beast into a monster >:)...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to make the beast into a monster >:)...

Well I need advice from you lightning owners I have an 02 lightning only mods are k&n intake and dynatech headers... Finally finishing paying it off and am now gonna park it and build it.... Wanna know what good heads I can put on at a good price and cams .... But what else can I do to it what what else am need for it dont wanna blow out my block or bust anything for not having the right stuff.. Also looking to put a shift kit in my tranny and wanna make it stronger to be able take on the new power it's gonna come out... Thanks for looking ...

P.s looking forward to smoke my buddy's 2010 camaro ss > by end this year

Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Dannylightning
Well I need advice from you lightning owners I have an 02 lightning only mods are k&n intake and dynatech headers... Finally finishing paying it off and am now gonna park it and build it.... Wanna know what good heads I can put on at a good price and cams .... But what else can I do to it what what else am need for it dont wanna blow out my block or bust anything for not having the right stuff.. Also looking to put a shift kit in my tranny and wanna make it stronger to be able take on the new power it's gonna come out... Thanks for looking ...

depends, you're aren't doing anything unless you at least change the rods or else you're wasting your money

as far as bolt on heads, do you want aftermarket or modified stockers?

if it's aftermarket heads - Trick Flow is your only option
modifed stock heads - JDM and JLP offer some great ones

regarding cams - that will be determined by your overall combo

since you're taking the motor out install a 2400 converter and a valve body

Old 04-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Is it really THAT fast?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Why do you want to wait till the end of the year. Run him now

Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
camaro SS can run a 13.0 1/4 mile time.

a 6# lower, MAF extender, custom tuning, punisher vavle body and a 2400 stall converter would really wake your truck up.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
A camaro ss won't be running a 13 unless it's getting traction and if it's stock it won't. If its a standard and the guy can launch you could spin like a fool and still beat him

Old 04-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Thanks will look into all of this.... And as far as the camaro only known mods are straight pipe , intake, n it's tuned... I know I can beat him with my truck as it sits now... I been in his car n it pulls good but mine pulls better > only thing Im not gonna beat him by much his car is standard.. So I wanna throw in a shift kit... But fortunately I never got to race him since he left to NY to work n won't b back till end of the year...it's y am gonna build it more make it a sleeper...he likes to talk alot n show of alot so beating him bad would b priceless to c his face.... And to c what sorry excuse he had to say...

Old 04-09-2012, 04:15 AM
One more thing can u give me websites or where can I get these parts for them would appreciated

Old 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks will look into all of this.... And as far as the camaro only known mods are straight pipe , intake, n it's tuned... I know I can beat him with my truck as it sits now... I been in his car n it pulls good but mine pulls better > only thing Im not gonna beat him by much his car is standard.. So I wanna throw in a shift kit... But fortunately I never got to race him since he left to NY to work n won't b back till end of the year...it's y am gonna build it more make it a sleeper...he likes to talk alot n show of alot so beating him bad would b priceless to c his face.... And to c what sorry excuse he had to say...
Uhhh, so you can beat it then ? You want to put a few lengths on him

Old 04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Hey man I have a FTVB (factory tech valve body) i'm willing to part ways with if ur interested. I am new here but some of these guys will vouch for me.

btw VB= shiftkit

Old 04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
^^ I would not hesitate getting that from him. I would have gotten it from him if I knew he had it before I ordered mine.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Get this done http://www.stiegemeier.com/svtlightning.html tests done http://www.stiegemeier.com/lightning_test.html

Last edited by 150/stang; 04-24-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Time to make the beast into a monster >:)...