Lightning

PSP pully update !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PSP pully update !!!

I told you guys that it was worth the money and i meant it.I also told you it gave me about 1.5-2 lbs on the AUTOMETER gauge which i feel to be as acurate as it gets.

Now on the other hand,my truck is stock with just a pully(cause its a pain in the 'a '
to take off just for a dealer repair).Stock air box and all.On the way to the dealer to have ANOTHER tranny put in my truck,I squashed it and my boost gauge went crazy into the black.Alot more than with any air intake.This is with a stock intake and box!!I can see how you guys think it gives you 2-3 pounds by watching the stock gauge.It was way over more than ever.I never looked at it with my intake on,I always watch the autometer one now.I was super suprised to see it effect the stock gauge.it was in about the 10 oclock position.

Old 06-04-2001, 04:54 PM
Cool

Wow! That's really awesome. Do you see boost any sooner than before, or does it come in at the same time as before w/ just more on the topend? I have to do quite a bit of towing, so I don't need boost kicking in any sooner.
What keeps going out in your trans?

------------------
'01 silver Lightning
Superchips flip chip, JDM filter kit
'67 Chevy II Nova
10.62 @ 125 MPH N/A

Old 06-04-2001, 06:57 PM
I really dont see boost any quicker.What i do see it when it comes on,it comes on a little stronger.Its not one of those mods that change the way you drive it but it does make the truck have better ETs and MPH.It does have some seat of the pants but you really notice it without the chip.The tough thing is when you are running an aggresive chip,These mods dont jump out and scream at you but when you do them one at a time without a chip,they do have alot more seat of the pants feeling.I do not notice anything as far as the throttle body for instance with the chip but when you take out the chip it is more there.Probally same with the pully.It does produce more boost,thats for sure.

My tranny..............Thats a long story.

1.my coasting clutches were staying on when i let off the accelerator.They were causing the truck to feel like it was dragging.Then my 1-2 clutch pacs were toast ,my truck took way to long between shifts.They replaced it when they replaced my motor with a rebuilt transmission.By the way,it took 3 times to the delaer to prove the transmission thing.PITA....

2.I pick up my truck 2 thursdays ago.I noticed that my truck had like a rotating vibration coming from the tranny at idle in park,drive and reverse.Most noticable in gears not park.I was hoping it would go away so i kept driving it (wishing for the best and the impossible The shifts were TERRIBLE,You could not even feel the transistion from gear to gear.Its been shifting real real soft unlike my lightning or any lightning.**Whats weird is even after insatlling my chip,the shifts made absolutley NO improvement showing me something is definatly WRONG!!You guys know what a little line pressure does Sounds funny but even if you dont want a chip ,They are good for duplicating and magnifying problems.Its also good to use as a diagnostic tool.What the chip did is tell me that even with more line pressure,It made NO effect meaning something was wrong in that department!!It feels like a lincoln continetal!!!You guys know how your truck initially shifts then has 4cyl cut out and then is engaged in second??Well mine has NO initial shift,It glides strait into second while it cuts 4cyls resulting in NO definition in shifts.On tuesday,I heard a loud bang and vibration.I lost drive,OD, and reverse.I actually called my dealer while driving down the highway stuck in second .He said to bring it in.I milk it home and then Im on my way to my dealer and all my gears come back.Knowing that the dealer was probally gonna try and do a "CANNOT DUPLICATE PROBLEM" I went to my mechanic and had him drop the pan.HOLY ***** BATMAN,There was a bolt in the bottom of the pan!!!I put it back and left it alone.I dropped it off today DEMANDING a new transmission instead of this rebuilt one.This was in no way my fault.I did a couple of WOT blast but I did not abuse my truck because I plan on keeping it at least another year.

The tech who rode with me thinks that the torque convertor might be bad and thats fine but no matter what they find,I will have a new transmission.

I want to keep my truck and they are lucky i do.My truck falls under lemon law as of right now and is not a tough fight to get a full refund.My truck will be fixed properly.I do not expect any great service but I do expect my truck to perform as new .It only has 13k miles on it!Fix it or buy it is what they have the choice to do.I have my Arbitration papers ready on hand.Ive made my copies and am ready to send.Im waiting the outcome of this transmission cause I really love my truck.

Quick Reply: PSP pully update !!!