Lightning

Attention all PSP slammers

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Attention all PSP slammers

In no way is PSP asking me to write this.
I"m not even a Lightning truck owner.
However, the way I see it, things are pretty
out of line.

PSP has a very excellent line of performance products. PSP is the only company that is willing to step up to the plate and give the Lightning racers hard $$$ at the races.

PSP offers technical advice and assistance when ever they have the chance.

Spiro is a very cool guy and doesnt have a
****y bone in his body.

So what gives?

What company is perfect?

In my opinion you consider yourselves lucky to have a company like PSP.

Rarely do I get involved in issues that do not affect me, but I will come out and call it like I see it.

PSP has done a lot for Lightning guys. Some slack should be cut.

Dave King
Modular Shootout Promoter

Old 05-27-2001, 09:06 AM
I agree 100%, PSP and Sal have done more for us L owners than any other supplier out there. Thanks Sal and Spiro.

Brian

------------------
99 red lightning, bassani complete system #1610 of 4000
2001 Lightning, SVO throttle body
2000 super duty v10
Cobra "R" #131 of 300
www.svtperformance.com
My vehicles http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293160925
Cobra R At Road America
Cobra R Leaving Pit Road

Old 05-27-2001, 11:01 AM
Dave most people will completely agree with you on this but it's the name calling that by the PSP camp that got some people upset. Granted nobody or company is perfect but that kind of nonsense should be left for children. I guess everyone is entitled to a bad day. There products are what talks most I guess and they (from what I understand) rock. Jeff

------------------
99.5 Lightning
Gone but not forgotten
01 picked up on 5/5/01
hud@mc.net

Old 05-27-2001, 11:38 AM
Dave- You are exactly right their is simply no reason we as the Lightning community should bash any of the tuners. Because if it weren't for them we would all probably still be running in the 13's. In all honesty competition has made the tuners get better at their tunning which as a result we all have run better times!

The only reason I posted the posts I have here in the last few days was in response to several emails I received personally attacking me for running JDM's nitrous program and not Sal's. Granted these emails did not come directly from Sal but from some of his biggest supporters. The emails I got were simply lies. All they did was personally attack me as well as Jim. It was funny how they could personally attack me when they had never met me unitl WFC. The only one that I had ever met before WFC was Johnny Lightning which is a super guy who had no part in those emails whatsoever. Also if you check my sig, you will see that I have purchased parts from all three major vendors which I clearly display in my sig.

All my posts in the last few days were just me stating my honest opinion on how I felt about some things. I never attended to bash anyone(Sal & Spiro included) but it seemed my posts were viewed as me trying to get even with Sal & Spiro, when that clearly was not the case.

------------------
00 Silver L #1205
Built 3/16/00

Mods:
AAD F-1 Hood
Eibach Front Coils
AIM 2" Drop Shackles
75hp NOS Dry Shot
JDM Nitrous Program
90mm MAFS
JL Air Intake
Oval Bore Throttle Body
PSP Electric Fan
Redline Water Wetter

HANKFAN

Old 05-28-2001, 12:00 AM
Unhappy

Is this ever going to end,why can't we just move on and all get along like a lightning family should be!I have bought from all 3 vendors JDM,PSP,JL and will continue to do business with all 3 if a certain product is available that i feel i need to try and the vendors should not have a problem with this!Myself and most of us out there just want to go fast and like to try different combinations for our trucks which might mean we will use different vendors to try there products!God forbid!!!In my opinion it all gets down to who makes the best chip is why alot of this bickering is going on.Let it rest,do you guys that race at the events regulary really want to bring that much hate to the events that are made for all of us to get together and have fun racing or watching!I know and everyone reading these boards know there are a few vendors and customers of theres that need to get together now and work this out between them privately or your going to have every Tom,**** and Harry jumping in bashing everyone's comments!Just look what it did to the other board,people let it get out of hand and alot of good people left and now hardly anyone posts over there anymore!This world is big enough in my opinion for 3 quality vendors and we need to all back off with the cheapshots.

Matt

[This message has been edited by HIGH ROLLER (edited 05-27-2001).]

Old 05-28-2001, 12:10 AM
This topic has been covered and covered and covered. PLEASE lets all MOVE ON. I am once again going to close all the threads that are just tuner gripe sessions. If you have an issue with a Tuner take it off line.

If I missed a thread send me an email.
Doug

------------------
Picked up Silver 2000 Lightning 2/28/00!!
1st run 13.9 sec 1/4 !! Best Run 13.025
Silver_2000@SVTLightnings.com

www.SVTLightnings.com

2000 Lightning, FMS 3.73 gears ( Expensive ), PSP 4 Way Chip, PSP Intake, Valentine 1, Snuglid, Bedrug, Lighted Ford Logos, Superchip R9, and 3m Panther Black nickel tint, Clear corners., Boston Acoustics 5x7s and Components, Alpine v12 5 channel Amp and JL Sub, Chrome SVT Rims and G Force R1a Autocross Tires, .
Link to my profile because the UBB doesnt support semicolons any more

Quick Reply: Attention all PSP slammers