Lightning

Calling Johnny and /or Sal

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Calling Johnny and /or Sal

I have a question,I have a 160 degree thermostat and when i put it in.It definatly made the truck run cooler.A while back Johnny said to put the 180 back in and I dont understand why.Could you please tell me the technical theory behind you saying to put the 180 back in?I thought as long as the truck was warm enough to run a closed loop,it would benefit due to the chips lean mixture and low temps? Is it possible to slow me down with the 160??I dont und.I do know on my autometer gauge it ran alot cooler........?Im getting my truck back and would like to know if i should install it again or not.I want to go REEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL FAAAAAAST. when it comes home!!
My mods are
JL CHIP
JL FULL RAM AIR
JL 90 MM boot /MAF
JDM throttlebody
PSP Lower pully
11.5 ET STREETS.
2000 Lightning

Also, what should i be running for times with the above mods and especially MPHs.

*****ALSO,Should i wait to put my mods back in?Will it hurt my new motor to run it new with the chip??? I know soon as it gets home,I want to put on all my mods.

Old 05-22-2001, 11:51 PM
LQ: My theory behind the colder thermostat is that you will richen up the A/F by using a colder thermostat plus when you get in real hot weather it won't hold the temps down anyhow.. i could be wrong but this is why i said just keep the stock one.. besides i still use the stock one and it runs great! as far as your times well you know how that goes. alot a varibles! but i'm sure you will be happy for a little while. then its that same old thing again "Just need a little more" JL

------------------
93 cobra 10.90@127.00
99 lightning (black)
E.T. 12.06
best mph 112
60 ft. 1.65
(All Throttle No Bottle!)
JL ram air
JL Powercooler
2# pulley
Level 10 shift kit
Test Converter!
DiabloSport Dist.!
(KEEP IT BETWEEN THE LINES!)
F-150 Supporting Vendor
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
JohnnyLightning Performance
E-mail: jlightningracing@cs.com
JohnnyLightningWebpage

Old 05-23-2001, 07:17 AM
Should I put my chip right in or let it break in first??

Quick Reply: Calling Johnny and /or Sal