Lightning

Ran a blown GT and WS-6

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ran a blown GT and WS-6

After two months and 2000 miles cars are starting to notice me. I stopped at an intersection with a 2000 Mustang GT 4.6L with a Vortech S-trim charger on it. I expected to get eaten up since he said he had 400 rear wheel HP. I don't believe that because I pulled him up to about 65 then he pulled me by 2 lengths up to 100 then quit. I was amazed I ran with a supercharged car. That Vortech sounds good at idle. Then I cleaned out the garage Sunday and mowed the lawn so I had six bags of grass and four bags of trash and a scrap roll of carpet in the bed going to the shop dumpster when I came upon a new black beauty ram air WS-6 revving his Borla pipes. I was worried that he would kill me since I was setting heavy and he has that LS1 motor with Borla and prob a programmer. we did a 20 punch and I pulled him where he couln'd reel me in. I bet he hated seeing a truck with a bed full of trash whipping his new black glossy ram am. I can't believe how quick this truck is. Can't wait for a chip and pulley I just know to keep the race below 65mph and I will win.

------------------
01' Silver Bullet
Bought 03/31/01
Tire shredding truck
Prototype ram air 5/03 testing...
Retrax cover 5/5/01

[This message has been edited by L8 APEX (edited 05-21-2001).]

Old 05-21-2001, 01:04 PM
Wait until you do a 20 punch with a chip! The truck will literally try to leave the ground it jumps so hard!

Funny thing, no one around here will even rev on me...

------------------
Paul
'01 Silver L
Moderator: FASTasL at EFI-Street.com

Old 05-21-2001, 01:15 PM
I can just picture that WS6 encounter with a few bits of grass flying from the bed, etc. The guy must have been depressed. It would have really been ugly for them had you been chipped. It will be a different truck then.

------------------
Sandy (Spider) Scott
Skydive69@msn.com
Lake Mary, Florida
99 White Lightning #2091 (Sold) Now Audi TT Quattro Roadster
I Miss The L

Old 05-21-2001, 01:24 PM
Thumbs up

I like to load up my dodge with old refrigerators and washer/dryers, and go looking for victims. the look on their faces, when that stuff starts leaning out the back, is priceless

Old 05-21-2001, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I was worried about losing a bag or two the red tie handles were whipping in the wind. I let of and he caught up and reved again I know he saw the smile on my face. The ghetto ram air on the L has made the biggest difference so far. I just worry about the best program and shift firmness. I had a shift kit in my tahoe and went throught three transmissions. I learned that putting a shift kit in and raising line pressure was what the trans builder called "putting a hammer in your trans" it bangs parts till they break.

------------------
01' Silver Bullet
Bought 03/31/01
Tire shredding truck
Prototype ram air 5/03 testing...
Retrax cover 5/5/01

Old 05-21-2001, 08:06 PM
Good job!

I ran a 2001 4.6 GT the other day. No blower on that one. I backed off of it at 105 mph, and he was still 5 lengths behind me and not catching me. I figured that aerodynamics (and hopefully not the local police) would eventually shift in his favor if I stayed on it any longer.

I seriously doubt the blown 2000 you raced was anywhere near 400 RWHP. Unless he had the intercooled H.O. kit, he was more like 350 at best. The one advantage that we will have, is that from an idle, the centrifugal blowers don't leave very hard. The eaton/svt will make boost almost instantly.

------------------
Red 00"
Pro-M mass air
Swanson Chip
Aluminum Driveshaft
Jay Lincoln Homemade Traction Bars
*******'s bed cover
Wet Okoles

http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292716723

Old 05-22-2001, 10:45 AM
Thumbs up

Classic, I just love the detailed description of the garbage in the bed of your truck. That was just salt in the wound of the WS6! Now you need to make up some fake magnetic signs and stick them on the door that read Jose's landscaping company!!!
Great story!!

Quick Reply: Ran a blown GT and WS-6