Lightning

need help here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help here...

ok i have an issue somewhere in my truck... when i decelerate (coming to a complete stop, my rpm's drop to around 500 then jump back up to around 800. once every few days the truck just dies on me.... here's the info i've gathered so far:

-reaplaced IAC valve
-replaced alternator (reads 137 amps)
-battery checked (reads 875-880 warm amps)
-checked every vacuum hose i could find...no leak
-replaced O2 sensors
-replaced starter solenoid

here's quick video of what's goin (sorry so poor quality i shot it with my phone) the 1st couple times you can see how it drops to about 500 rpms and then drops under 800 and jumps back up. While that happens fuel pressure stays at 29-30 psi, vacuum reads 18 psi when i take the foot off the gas and 20 when i'm stopped. it only does this with overdrive engaged, with it turned off, everything is fine and my vacuum is at 16 while cruising with out the foot on the gas, and 20 when stopped. could it be a tranny thing?

could it be my coast clutches? if so do I need to remove the tranny? if that's the case I might as well rebuild the whole thing, or just keep saving for a built one....

Last edited by krzemienr; 03-31-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 04-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Does it surge at idle? If it does, it could be your mass air sensor. Try cleaning or just replacing.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Chris '03 Light
Does it surge at idle? If it does, it could be your mass air sensor. Try cleaning or just replacing.
no surge, but i cleaned my MAF sensor anyways.... it's only about a month old....

Quick Reply: need help here...