Lightning

to Alphadoggy---I/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy to Alphadoggy---I/C problems

George

My first I/C went at about 17,000 and now the second has gone bad at 24,000.

I can get it fixed right away BUT you were waiting for the new Ford fix I/C. Do you have a part number for the new ones. If so, let me know and I'll see where they are in the system.

------------------
Jim
Jim@FordMotor.cc

Black 00, #1008 of 4966, 4.10's, SuperChip/R9, JL’s Ram Air,
AIM 2" drop, AutoMeter Boost and A/F Gauges, chrome wheels,
Cobra Throttle Body, Mobile1 w/FilterMag
2000 E320, 1993 Cobra R, 1959 Corvette, 1949 Plymouth Coupe

Old 04-10-2001, 09:18 PM
nice cars

Old 04-10-2001, 11:30 PM
Red face

Jimbo, as as confused as everyone else, if not more so. Got home today and found a message on my machine that my part was in, come in and pick it up any time. Pick it up? I ain't gonna install no stinking intercooler. I assume it is the intercooler, but what iteration I have no idea. I told them that I didn't want the oem part, and pursuaded the service writer to talk to Jake Doss, and supposedly he ordered the p/n that Jake gave him, which I was under the impression would be the new, improved i/c. However, from what I am reading on this board, that would be impossible given the time frame. SVT told me last month that the "fix' would be out in April, but I have been reading that it has been pushed back til May or June, at which time everyone will be offered the option of replacing their OEM units. I will call SVT in the am and see what they have to say, and of course I will go check out the part and see what the number is. If I find out anything definitive, or even a juicy rumor, I will certainly post it to this board.

------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

'84 Alan Record Carbonio, Aerospoke wheels, Campy brakes.

'00 SVT Lightning, silver, built 2/9/00, #133 of 4966, G-tech Pro, JBA headers, 4.10 gears, Swanson chip, Pro-M, NGK plugs, carbon drive shaft, Roadmaster suspension kit, TransGo shift kit,
13.39 @ 102.5

2001 Kevlacat 2400, twin 115 Evinrude FICHT, Raytheon VHF, radar, autopilot and GPS chartplotter/fishfinder.
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=429389...4647875&idx=15

gmvye@pacbell.net

Old 04-11-2001, 01:11 PM
Angry

Update: I just got off the phone with Troy at SVT, and he tells me that the new i/c's are not shipping yet; they are still undergoing testing and he does not know when they will ship because they want to make absolutely sure that they do not encounter they same kinds of issues that they did with the oems. When they do ship all '99 and '00 owners will get a letter offering them the option of getting their i/c's replaced. In the meantime, he suggests draining the i/c reservoir and disconnecting the pump.

Old 04-11-2001, 01:31 PM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Well then, how about they issue a TSB because I am not a qualified Ford Technician and if I screw something up, or if I stroll into the service dept. They are itching to void charge me something.

Add the fact that I have been running a leaky intercool for more than 6 months now.

The techs said it themselves when they said I was wrong, and they were right. It wasn't leaking. I told them about the SVT hotline, but I think he pulled one on me when he said he called. LAZY MTRFKRS

Old 04-11-2001, 05:13 PM
Thumbs down

Lets see...we can send a man to the moon....but we can't build an intercooler assembly to last?..hmmm..(non-moving part) with the exception of minamal flex through the lower intake V-config under torque causing the brazes at the headers to leak...a poor customer satisfaction track record on this...with low production numbers of a niche market vehicle....we could pay the ultimate price...Ford needs to re-think priorities...a supercharged Mustang...why?..they can't get this one RIGHT???? So far..its all BULL**** RHETORIC...WHERES THE BEEF????

[This message has been edited by MadMaxSC (edited 04-11-2001).]

Old 04-11-2001, 05:58 PM
MadMaxSC -

All those resumes got you down man?

Old 04-11-2001, 07:43 PM
This is exactly what I was saying in the post about the Bullit Mustang. Ford claimed to have the Hp issue under control, BUT they don't. They claimed to have the I/C fixed, DO THEY? They say it'll be done tommarrow, tommarrow, tommarrow. One more tommarrow and their hair will turn red and they're gonna star on broadway. Ford is being run by bean counters that could give a rats a$$ about their customers, only the bottom line. Let's all face it, WE'VE BEEN DUPED!

Old 04-11-2001, 07:50 PM
Thanks, guys and George.

I might have them install the second I/C and when the new models are out the second will go bad and I'll install the new I/C, I hope

Old 04-11-2001, 11:05 PM
Talking

Thanks guys AND George? What are you trying to imply there, Jimbo?

Went to dealer this morning and checked out the intercooler. It was the old part. Manufactured by Garrett on 2/22/01. Same p/n as original. Parts guy claimed it "might be" the new one because they don't always change numbers on a modified part. b/s. I am sure the new i/c will have a different p/n. I do not want to put this unit on my truck. SVT suggests that I drain the reservoir and disconnect the pump. There will be some performance loss, but I won't be pumping fluid through the motor. I don't know why you don't do this since supposedly the new units should be shipping soon, unless you just like the thrill of leaving your truck in the service department. I don't have a fleet of vehicles at my disposal, though, so this is not a good option for me, unless I can figure out a way to put wheels on my boat.

Old 04-12-2001, 01:07 PM
I'd be curious as to how SVT handles the question of the obvious lack of serious testing of the first intercooler. It should have never made it into the truck in the first place if testing was rigorous. Now they are testing the hell out of it - why did they obvious neglect to do it in the first place.

------------------
Sandy (Spider) Scott
Skydive69@msn.com
Apopka, Florida
99 White Lightning #2091 (Sold) Now Audi TT Quattro Roadster
I Miss The L

Old 04-12-2001, 08:02 PM
George

That was funny, thanks for the laugh.

Since I started this thread with your name, I wanted to personally thank you.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">that when the new ones do ship they will replace the ones on the '99s and '00s regardless of whether they are still in warantee or not.</font>
This is good news to hear.

------------------
Jim
Jim@FordMotor.cc

Black 00, #1008 of 4966, 4.10's, SuperChip/R9, JL’s Ram Air,
AIM 2" drop, AutoMeter Boost and A/F Gauges, chrome wheels,
Cobra Throttle Body, Mobile1 w/FilterMag
2000 E320, 1993 Cobra R, 1959 Corvette, 1949 Plymouth Coupe

[This message has been edited by FORDSALES (edited 04-12-2001).]

Old 04-13-2001, 12:28 AM
Angry

Spoke to SVT again this a.m. They are adamant that the revised i/c is not shipping yet, so the one my dealer got has to be the old one. SVT also said, catagorically, that when the new ones do ship they will replace the ones on the '99s and '00s regardless of whether they are still in warantee or not.

Old 04-13-2001, 07:54 PM
Question

Say, anyone know how Ford will notify ALL the owners? I purchased mine "used"(very low miles) but nonethe less I'm the second owner. I've registerd with SVT but will this be enough to get on the I/C replacement list??v

Quick Reply: to Alphadoggy---I/C problems