Lightning

Took out the L tonight..

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Took out the L tonight..

I just took her out for a spin by my house tonight. They just installed a new traffic light that has the ol' 2 lanes merge into one. Some kids in a dodge truck apparently wanted to race ( I wasn't even paying attention) when they let off a little chirp and took off. So I floored it (kind of a reaction!) and she spun the goodyears half way cross the intersection. I caught up and passed as soon as I hit second gear. Then I tapped the lights, so the youngsters wouldn't rear-end me.

I happened to see where I let off the gas which there was a really large tree. My speedo was just a hair shy of 70mph. Keep in mind this isn't a residential, the speed limit is 45mph, so kids don't try this at home!

I parked the L back in the stable and fired up the Saleen. I started thinking...nah...I shouldn't ...ya...I should!! So I took the Saleen down to the same spot, and whitnessed my burnout marks (15 footers or so) and was waiting for the light to turn green. I nailed it, and when I hit the same spot as my L, I looked at the speedo and it was only at 60 mph! Damn, this truck is one mean machine..! Can't wait to get my new chip/filter and take her to the track.

------------------
01 Silver Lightning-no mods yet!
00 S281 Speedster - 312 rwhp 383 rwtq
98 GSXR-750 - 123rwhp

Old 04-12-2001, 02:50 AM
Hmmmm... So maybe it's SILVER that's the fastest color, and we just didn't know it till now?

-Ollie

------------------
"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!!!"
-Elwood Blues

Old 04-12-2001, 03:53 AM
Location: Overland Park, Kansas (Kansas City) - Soon to be Ft. Worth, TX
I've always known that...

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning
#2798 of 4966
Born on date: May 9, 2000