Lightning

Got my L back-new motor, BAD SR!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got my L back-new motor, BAD SR!

Check this out. I got my L back today with a new engine, accepted to be a result of a leaking intercooler by the mechanic-cracked block.
My Service Rep. told me they wanted to keep the truck overnight and put on 100 miles to make sure there were no problems. The funny thing was, my SR was the one to get to take my L home overnight-the same one who told me they COULD NOT get an engine for weeks-or even months! (they got it in 5 days!!)
Anyway, I told them if I found any problems with the engine install, I would be SURE to let them know!
When I went to pick up the truck. It ALREADY HAD 100 miles on it!! I know the milage was put on today because I saw that the truck was not completed yesterday, late afternoon. Basically they already broke in the engine before the SR called me. THE SR ONLY WANTED TO JOY RIDE FOR A DAY...!ONLY EXPLANATION!

Two lessons:
1. Don't drive your truck 2.5 months with a leaking intercooler-it will kill your engine.
2. Don't believe ANYTHING anyone employed by a dealer tells you that sounds fishy. CALL THEM ON IT!!

BTW-I will be having them replace the cats and O2 sensors if it isn't on the list.

Sorry for the rant-had to vent. I hope this will help you all to be on guard!

------------------
99 White Lightning
#2277, built 6-11-99
52 F2 Street Rod built from scratch-yes by me!

Old 04-10-2001, 09:05 PM
K-Schmidt...do you mind me asking what the name of you SR? I only talk to Scott Anderson. I can stand there for 2 hours and have 3 other guys ask me if I've been helped and still will only talk to Scott. If it was Scott I wouldn't be too suprised, he is a speed junkie. Just rest assured he would never abuse your truck too much

Old 04-10-2001, 09:09 PM
K, I feel your pain. I still have not had mine replaced. 32,000 miles with the leak since 18,000! I just know they WILL screw something up. I posted this on another thread but I think it is worth posting again.
A fellow L owner took his in to Covert Ford for a new innercooler. He told them the truck "WAS NOT TO LEAVE THE LOT". When he picked it up it had 49 miles on it! What recourse do we have when this happens? You know every mechanic ragged the crap out of it one at a time! The Rat Ba$tards that sold me mine would not even let me test drive it. This was in 99 when you could not find one if you wanted one. The salesman said he had never even driven one. Only the owner that went to a Ford outing in Las Vegas had driven one. I don't want those butt holes driving my truck! Any ideas?

Jerry

------------------
Jerry Jordan
99.5 Red Hot Bolt
13.303 @ 101.64(stock F1 tires)
PSP filter and chip
chrome SVT wheels
Impulse Lo-Pro bed cover
94 Firehawk #295 black
71 Cutlass conv.
Piper PA28-235
74 Suzuki TS185 (128 original miles)

[This message has been edited by Jerry Jordan (edited 04-10-2001).]

Old 04-10-2001, 09:28 PM
Angry

Oh god, nothing would **** me off worse then comeing to the dealer to pick up my Lightning and their was more then 2miles on it. I don't know what I would do, and I don't want to find out sh@* now I'am all pissed off.

------------------
01,Black,Lightning
K@N air filter
Super flip Chip

Old 04-10-2001, 10:09 PM
I encourage the mechanic that works on my truck to drive it. He enjoys it and he has done an exceptional job whenever I bring it in. I also want him in a good mood when I have to come back for another intercooler.
Jim

Old 04-10-2001, 10:23 PM
reality1....

Old 04-10-2001, 11:11 PM
Exclamation

NIX,
The SR was Zac Matteson. He likes speed, but he likes someone else's speed more. Keep away from him.
Kent

Old 04-10-2001, 11:19 PM
Kent- what are you doing this weekend? I'm pretty busy, but have Saturday night and all day Sunday open. Are you up to going to Longmont possibly? Lot's of hotrods and lot's of Camaro's to beat up on.

------------------
RED 00'L and her sister a RED 95'L and thier obnoxious little brother a BLUE 88' Ranger tube chassis drag truck.

Old 04-10-2001, 11:24 PM
Not to discredit how any of you guys are feeling about someone else driving your ride, and I would feel exactly the same way. I just recently got the leak, so I'm in store for the crap that goes along with a dealer. BUT, it's just really funny to see how all you guys think that by someone driving your Lightning even a mere 2 miles and "hotrodding" it will just destroy your rides--I mean take a step back and look at it as an outsider--so many of us do incredible burnouts, we put aftermarket filters on (which we know injects more particles than a factor filter), we put a chip in it which creates hp thereby more heat, friction, wear and tear on the motor, we take it to the track and run the **** out of, we put slicks on it which has got to be incredibly stressful on the rear axle, driveshaft, the transmission, etc. Yet to even fathon the thought of someone else putting the gas pedal to the floor for 1 second is like the death of you Lightning. Like I say, just step back and think about how funny that sounds. All I'm saying is, relax guys, take deep breath, think of happy thoughts and realize that the majority of us (including those of us that freak that someone else hotrodded our baby), will probably not own these things outside of the warranty period and will move into a new upgraded 03 model.
Oh God let the flames begin, I'm puttin on the firesuit!!! After writing this post, I won't admit to you guys when I take mine in to the dealer to fix the leak.

Old 04-10-2001, 11:56 PM
Angry

Okay, I'll flame first I paid almost 30 grand for the priviledge of dealing out the aforementioned abuse. The few times my truck does go in for service it is there for just that service, not for some a$$hole to play with.

------------------
GalaxyEng
2000 RED #2926
13.5@101
BedRug
Haig custom mats
PSP Filter

Old 04-11-2001, 12:02 AM
Peter B,
I agree with you. While I don't encourage others to abuse my vehicle, I don't get pissed when it happens. The way I look at it I probally just made that guys day. He went home with a smile on his face and maybe even got a little from the wife. Who knows, maybe he'll even tell his grandchildren how he once drove a mighty Lightning. Lord knows I've abused others vehicles. Just God's way of evening it out.

------------------
RED 00'L and her sister a RED 95'L and thier obnoxious little brother a BLUE 88' Ranger tube chassis drag truck.

Old 04-11-2001, 08:53 AM
Angry

FYI,
Spent last Sunday washing/waxing, detailing. Made an appointment for severe missing for Tuesday. I picked up the truck two days later, mud and hand prints all over the outside of the truck. Inside stinks like grease, mud and grease on the carpet. When I make a comment in regards to the condition of the truck they say "we don't know how that happened". So now I have a very dirty and stinky truck, but the miss is gone.

Old 04-11-2001, 09:03 AM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
that reminds me, I have to take pictures of my truck while at the dealership. Lost about 3" of coolant last 1200 miles.

They put in the dye, too. When they finally say I am right, I am going to scream,

I TOLD YOU SO! As loud as I can.

Old 04-11-2001, 09:03 AM
I'm with you Galaxy. I don't worry that they will break or mess it up. I drive mine like a bat out of hell. I just don't want some A-hole at a dealership to get the privilege of driving an L without paying the price. I'm still pissed that I was not able to drive the truck before I bought it. But a mechanic at the same dealership can drive mine.....I don't think so!

Jerry

Old 04-11-2001, 09:46 AM
Thumbs down

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Peter B:
we put aftermarket filters on (which we know injects more particles than a factor filter.</font>

BS.....

You have a few things to learn about aftermarket filters.

Quick Reply: Got my L back-new motor, BAD SR!