Lightning

Tire/wheel question - help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire/wheel question - help

Hi,

I used to scan these boards all the time about 4 years ago, but dropped off a bit and now I'm back.

I have a 2001 Lightning that is lowered 1" in the front and 2" in the back. For the last few years I have kept Kumho Ecsta Supras 295/45/20's with 20" Antera 325's. However, recently I had a tire blow out and had to replace one of the Kumho Ecsta SXT's (same size). These worked fine, except for the fact that I had one tire (right rear) that was different.

Well the other day I had another blow out due to driving around some construction. I had it taken to the tire shop and, since I'll be selling my L soon, decided that I would forego getting another unmatching tire and bought a new set of 4. The guy at the tire place put me on some 285/45/20 Yokohama's because that is what they had in stock.

However, now when I'm driving and I hit a big bump, the body can be heard scraping the tires. What gives? I'm so confused because the height of the tires are exactly the same. Help!

Old 11-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apparently the Yoko's have a wider tread or are a little fatter through the section width.

Not much to do unless your tire shop feels responsible.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madferraristi
Apparently the Yoko's have a wider tread or are a little fatter through the section width.

Not much to do unless your tire shop feels responsible.
unless your looking for some oem 18s wrapped in Toyo Proxes S/T rubber...

I'm wanting to sell my set

petrol@aol.com

Quick Reply: Tire/wheel question - help