Lightning

SCT tuner ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT tuner ?

I have a SCT tuner, i recently put in 4.10's and can not change my tune for it. The place that installed them said my tuner locked the program and I can not adjust it. Is there anyway to unlock it as I can not get in contact with him as he is moving?
Thanks

Old 10-26-2007, 12:48 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR - 2010

I'm sure you can get an answer here:

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/

Old 10-26-2007, 02:17 PM
thanks, did not know they had a forum...good looking!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi - you'd get a fast answer in the Chips forum here as well.

Short answer - yes, BUT you will need to return your truck to stock, unlock the tuner with an SCT utility ( LiveLoad 3 v1.3.1 available here: http://www.sctflash.com/software/liveload131.exe) and then reload your tunes, as this will wipe them from the device. I hope you have the files themselves, or you are SOL. Don't do this - rather, ask for some revised, unlocked tunes - which you can simply overwrite in place of the existing ones.

Problem is, it's the tune itself that is locked - your tuner guy did NOT enable you, the end-user, to make gearing parameter changes - and he should have, along with a plethora of other adjustments you should probably have access to.

So - you WILL need to contact him and TELL him you want your TUNES to have end-user adjustments enabled. Those tunes will be in *.LL3 format.

Good luck.

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-26-2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: fekkkin' typos !!! Arghhhh! lol
Old 10-26-2007, 04:26 PM
What SCT tuner do you have? If you have an xcalibrator or flash tuner you should be able to modify the "optional parameters" before loading the tune to your vehicle. One of the options you can modify is the rear end gear ratio.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by STRYKS2X
What SCT tuner do you have? If you have an xcalibrator or flash tuner you should be able to modify the "optional parameters" before loading the tune to your vehicle. One of the options you can modify is the rear end gear ratio.
Sure - IF that was enabled - each setting, individually, can either be left fully accessable, totally locked down, or restricted anywhere in between ( for example - only being able to Remove Spark, not add it, or Add fuel, not remove it). Using LL3 tune format.

And this will only apply at all if it is an Xcal2, Xcal3 or Livewire - none of the older SCT flash devices (e.g Xcal1) have this ability on the device itself.

The only other way in is if the tunes are in *.XTR format - Then, you could use ExtremeTune to massage the parameters and reload the tunes into the device.

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-26-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got you covered Tom, I'll be e-mailing you soon.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan

Problem is, it's the tune itself that is locked - your tuner guy did NOT enable you, the end-user, to make gearing parameter changes - and he should have, along with a plethora of other adjustments you should probably have access to.

So - you WILL need to contact him and TELL him you want your TUNES to have end-user adjustments enabled. Those tunes will be in *.LL3 format.
BTW, that statement is not appropriate, nor appreciated. Not all customers want end user adjustability, and some customers should NOT have access to making changes. That decision is up to the individual tuner, and what they feel is proper for the individual customer.

In Tom's case, I believe that back when I tuned his car, the end user options were not even available. This would be the first time he was in need of them, since that time.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
I got you covered Tom, I'll be e-mailing you soon.
You the man!!!

And for the record I never even touch this thing before I got the gears. Sal uploaded every tune for me and he knew I had no plans on screwing with it. Even the smallest adjustment I would just go to his shop and have him change it so there was no reason for me to be able to adjust them.
Sal thanks for the hook up!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
BTW, that statement is not appropriate, nor appreciated. Not all customers want end user adjustability, and some customers should NOT have access to making changes. That decision is up to the individual tuner, and what they feel is proper for the individual customer.

In Tom's case, I believe that back when I tuned his car, the end user options were not even available. This would be the first time he was in need of them, since that time.

You are upset over what?

You'll notice this thread is devoid of any details; I was just filling in the blanks. Not attacking anyone, so don't go postal , okay?

LOTS of folks have end-user adjustments - especially gearing/tire size changes, etc. I do advocate some lockdown on the sorts of things that could cause problems, as I indicated earlier.

As for capability - I believe you should have at least upgraded his device to the latest available firmware version and capabilities. So that is certainly a lame excuse, IMHO.

Thanks for confirming what others have already noticed - you folks in here are a fragile, cliquey bunch, lol.

And, Tom, you're welcome, I guess I'll not need to extend any effort to try and help in future. And that's ALL this was - an honest attempt to help.

Good day.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:13 PM
You are upset over what?
How about the statement where you said what I "should" have done, and what my customer "should" have access to.

You'll notice this thread is devoid of any details; I was just filling in the blanks. Not attacking anyone, so don't go postal , okay?
Nobody went postal. I just told you that you telling people what they should and shouldn't have from their tuner was not an appropriate statement.

As for capability - I believe you should have at least upgraded his device to the latest available firmware version and capabilities. So that is certainly a lame excuse, IMHO.
So what are you saying? That you expect tuners to contact and update every single customer they've ever sold a tuner to?

Thanks for confirming what others have already noticed - you folks in here are a fragile, cliquey bunch, lol.
Nobody's fragile, you just made some poor statements, that's all. It happens.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=and some customers should NOT have access to making changes. .[/QUOTE]
That would be me!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by halflife
That would be me!!!!!!
Yeah - heaven forbid you should enter the wrong tire size, or gear ratio, Tom. Wow - sooooo fatal.

Education, NOT prohibition, is always preferred - you own a Lightning, not a Neon

And - getting all the functionality that SCT advertised, and that you paid for.

I'm done - don't want to further damage your tuner's frail ego. Good grief.

All the best to you, Tom.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:45 PM
And, Tom, you're welcome, I guess I'll not need to extend any effort to try and help in future. And that's ALL this was - an honest attempt to help.

Good day.
dude your a azz. 1st the Swede directed me to the site(thanks) and I found the software before your post, so you did not help me.
2nd you made azz remarks right off the bat--telling me to go to the chips forum, first off to most of us lightning owners there is only one forum on here---the lightning forum!!!. I posted here because I know the people on this forum, I know they know their stuff and I would get a quick answer, without your wasted 2 cent remarks attached.
3rd. your tuner SHould have this, you should have that. Your the one making assumptions. I am 110% happy with PSP and I am quite confident that will always be the case. He did exactly what I wanted and unfortunatly for me I decided to change something after he moved, not his fault, but mine and in less than 48 hours I had it corrected
4. your the one with lightning eny, stick to the 150 forum since you now know all us lightning owners are a fragile, cliquey bunch, lol.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Tom.

'Dude', no, I'm not.

In order:

1. My post timing does not negate or marginalize the honest effort I made to help. If you can't recognize nor admit to that, well... just wow, lol.

2. Didn't 'tell' you to do anything - simple statement - go re-read it. There actually is life outside the L forum, stangely enough. Where SCT is discussed quite often. Had you not been a stranger to those forums, you likely would already have known everything you needed to help yourself. Kinda confirms what I said.

3. If you had an enabled device from the get-go, your fix would have taken 48 seconds, not 48 hours. And this entire thread would have been unnecessary.

4. Correct on all counts - what true Ford lover doesn't envy an L. lol! I'll go to whichever forum I wish - so thanks but no thanks. And - we already covered the 'cliquey' part.

5 (new). Can I have that in English next time?

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-26-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: SCT tuner ?