Lightning

Going lower?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going lower?

What would you do to go lower? Since the person missing the "N" will not give any info, I hope you guys could help me out for plans for my winter drop project part 2.
Right now I basically have a 2/4 drop. The front I have belltech drop spindles, the rear I have socal hangers, shock extenders and drop shackles. I know to go any lower in the rear I will have to C-notch the frame, which i am fine with. but what should I do to actually lower the truck more in the rear? With the front spindles the turning radius was cut down and I would imagine if i go lower it would be even more, so what would be the best option to hopefully limit and decrease in turning radius and get it lower.
I am thinking of doing JJ upper and lower control arms, I do not think they will drop it anymore and I really am just buying them for style/looks, i will have them powder coated sonic blue so you can see them through my rims, plus it will help out a little with the alignment.
Ideally I want a slight tuck of both the front and rear wheels.

Eventually I want to get new rims that are 12 or 13 inches wide. I know this will take allot of work but don't plan on getting rid of the truck so it will be an ongoing project. Should I save and get a 4 link and a shorter rear end before i go any further. I am guessing to run a tire that wide I will need a short rear end, please correct me if this is wrong. I really don't know anything about 4 links other than knowing that allot of people that go low or bag do it.
Thanks for the advice.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
air lift technologies i believe who it is who has a complete bolt on 4 link air bag for system for the truck for under $2k

belltech also has a 5/7 drop, and i have a 3/4 drop on mine right now. not bad, especially the city i live in.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by halflife
What would you do to go lower? Since the person missing the "N" will not give any info, I hope you guys could help me out for plans for my winter drop project part 2.
Right now I basically have a 2/4 drop. The front I have belltech drop spindles, the rear I have socal hangers, shock extenders and drop shackles. I know to go any lower in the rear I will have to C-notch the frame, which i am fine with. but what should I do to actually lower the truck more in the rear? With the front spindles the turning radius was cut down and I would imagine if i go lower it would be even more, so what would be the best option to hopefully limit and decrease in turning radius and get it lower.
I am thinking of doing JJ upper and lower control arms, I do not think they will drop it anymore and I really am just buying them for style/looks, i will have them powder coated sonic blue so you can see them through my rims, plus it will help out a little with the alignment.
Ideally I want a slight tuck of both the front and rear wheels.

Eventually I want to get new rims that are 12 or 13 inches wide. I know this will take allot of work but don't plan on getting rid of the truck so it will be an ongoing project. Should I save and get a 4 link and a shorter rear end before i go any further. I am guessing to run a tire that wide I will need a short rear end, please correct me if this is wrong. I really don't know anything about 4 links other than knowing that allot of people that go low or bag do it.
Thanks for the advice.
i am using hotchkis 1.5 in lower coils with hotchkis shocks all around and
hotchkis 2.5 lowers leafs outback with jlp 2-3-4 in schackles set on the 3 in drop. so up front its 1.5 in lower and out back it is 5.5in lower but i can go an extra inch drop in the back if i wanted to

Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by crash_lucky13
air lift technologies i believe who it is who has a complete bolt on 4 link air bag for system for the truck for under $2k

belltech also has a 5/7 drop, and i have a 3/4 drop on mine right now. not bad, especially the city i live in.
IMO
the truck would look better if the picture in your sig wasnt stretched sideways

in person its likely closer to this ... But the way you have it makes it look lower....

Last edited by Silver_2000; 08-29-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Going lower?