Lightning

Kansas City Lightnings

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 05:36 PM
Location: Overland Park, Kansas (Kansas City) - Soon to be Ft. Worth, TX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Kansas City Lightnings

I am new to the Lightning scene, (just purchased one on the 10th) and I haven't seen any Lightnings in the Kansas City area.
Anyone on here live in the KC area willing to answer some questions about KCIR? Places to shop?

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning
Born on date: May 9, 2000

Mod's (in order of purchase):
1. Black Ford slush mats
2. 20% windown tinting
3. K&N air filter

Soon to come: hard silver toneau cover, superchip, new speakers, bug deflector, brushed alluminum dash --- now i just need money

Old 01-23-2001, 06:58 PM
Location: Kansas City, Pothole Capital of the US, maybe the Western Hemisphere.
Zeus2K1,

There are a bunch of Lightning guys here is KC. Go checkout www.nloc.org -> forums. There's a MLOC (Missouri L owners Club) thread there. Vern is the guy to talk to, he pretty much organizes the group, and Roger is one of the most knowledgable L owners I've met. He's tried about any mod you can think of on his 99. They're a nice bunch. Hopefully I'll have an '03 on order when my Lariat (the other big L) is paid for.
Basically, KCIR is a below-average track. They never clean off the rubber, the ET displays can be hard to read, and there is a lot of gravel parking lot space. But, its close and easy to run some ET's just about any day of the week. Heartland Park in Topeka is the best track in the area by far. Professional in every way. You might also think about autocross. Roger and a few of them do that quite a bit, and the way the L's handle, I imagine they're really fun to run. There's a KC autocross club that runs every weekend. They list in the Star in the auto section every Wednesday & Saturday. Hope that helps.

------------------
1999 Lariat 4X4 SuperCab Flareside 5.4; Auto, Tow Pack, Offroad Pack, 3.73LS, Factory Step Bars, 17" Chrome Wheels, Oxford White/Silver, Graphite Leather, Keypad Mod., Airaid, SuperChip, ARE LSII Bed Cover, Alpine CDA-855/JBL AMP, Polk dX7's, Custom cat-back exhaust.

[This message has been edited by rons (edited 01-23-2001).]

Old 01-23-2001, 10:49 PM
Location: Overland Park, Kansas (Kansas City) - Soon to be Ft. Worth, TX
Thanks for your help. Printed that out for further reference.

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning
Born on date: May 9, 2000

Mod's (in order of purchase):
1. Black Ford slush mats
2. 20% window tinting
3. K&N air filter

Soon to come: hard silver toneau cover, superchip, new speakers, bug deflector, brushed alluminum dash --- now i just need money

Quick Reply: Kansas City Lightnings