Lightning

Viper Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper Remote Starter

Anyone have an idea why my remote starter only works on the 2nd try?

I hit the button twice and I hear a buzzing sound and the truck tries to turn over for about 2 seconds and then quits. It waits about 15-20 seconds and then tries to turn over again and it works fine. Not really a problem, but still annoying.

Any ideas?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by tferro999
Anyone have an idea why my remote starter only works on the 2nd try?

I hit the button twice and I hear a buzzing sound and the truck tries to turn over for about 2 seconds and then quits. It waits about 15-20 seconds and then tries to turn over again and it works fine. Not really a problem, but still annoying.

Any ideas?

mine does the same.. Some times it just doesnt fire up on the first try "Mostly on the cold start up"..nothing to worrie about !. My ranger also does the same thing.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Most likely it will be setting within the program on the remote starter. On most starters there is a crank time setting. When the motor is cold it will take a little longer. Increase that to the next longer time and you should be good to go.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I would hook a tack signal if you havent allready that should fix your problem If you profer the voltage check mode than just raise the senativety on it. Im pretty sure the DEI viper should have that option.Good luck

Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 PM
There must be a tach signal hooked up already as it starts on the second attempt. If there was no signal it would never start or would start and stall.

Quick Reply: Viper Remote Starter