Lightning

lightning owners and others beware of MSX!!

Old 05-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lightning owners and others beware of MSX!!

My mustang was stolen from Modular Speedworx!

First and foremost i wanted to say thank you to all for accepting me to your site. I didnt want to do this and wanted to keep this private but have read far too much to confirm myself and my lawers suspisions about MSX and BIlly. Im a new member and i truly apologise to all members that have paid there dues through asking and answering threads of all topics as this is my first one and any critisizm that i may get i will take and accept. To everyone who has stepped up to fight for what they believe in with this MSX situation, i commend you because you all have given me the courage to go public and do the same.

I was a customer of billy and MSX over a year and a half ago and coming up on this june 24th it will be one year since my mustang was stolen from Billys MSX shop. I bought a motor with removal/install of new(lawer has original signed agreement)for 2 grand with another 2 grand in misc. parts 6 months before the date of theft. On mon. june 24th. 06. Billy called me to tell me my car was stolen from his shop(ill keep this short and sweet) and that he doesnt have proper insur. to cover my car which was my sweat and tears by the way Billy! Long story short he said he cant help me, he wont re-emberse me for my loss in any way and that he is not liable. Billy threatened me by saying he never made a work order so there is no proof that he and MSX ever worked on my car or ever had it in possesion. ONE SIMPLE MISTAKE BILLY, YOU CALLED THE COPS AND YOU MADE THE POLICE REPORT AT THE MSX LOCATION WHERE MY CAR WAS STOLEN. YOU STATED IN WRITING THAT I WAS YOUR CUSTOMER, YOU WORKED ON AND TEST DROVE MY MUSTANG THEN PARKED AND LOCKED IT UP AT YOUR SHOP 2 DAYS THE FRI. BEFORE. YOU ALSO TOLD THE OFFICER THAT YOU STILL HAD MY CAR KEYS AT THE TIME OF THE REPORT! Somebody correct me if im wrong but that sounds like full liability and personal/shop neglagence to me.

I really did not want to uncover this publically but i havent recieved as little as a phone call in damn near 2 years. William Earl Rollins and Mathew Butler, you are currently being sued for breech of contract, gross neglagence, theft and so on. Billy and mathew, if i have all the copies of legal court docs., then im sure youve been process served and have them to. Billy or to the family that is helping MSX, please help me like the rest in this recent situation, thats all i ask. IT WASNT JUST HEADERS OR A MOTOR. IT WAS A MSX MOTOR, MONEY OFF MY CARD, AND MOST IMPORTANT, MY ENTIRE CAR by the way was found 2 months later by the CHP in over 100 pieces, the biggest being 3 feet by 2 feet!!!!!

Somebody give me or my lawer a call (you have the court papers) or IM me but either way we can settle this outside of court or in. It will be settled!!

Old 05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I wish you luck!

Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 AM
I am thinking your attorney will $h!t his britches if he finds out you posted this publicly .

Good Luck with the issue.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:55 AM
if im not mistaken law suits are accessable to public viewing. ive stated simple facts that one would assume to be acurate if there property was stolen by or from someone that accepted responsibility and liability for, and have not exposed any legal docs. that would hurt my case in doing so. if anything this might help me get answers and help you stay safe. svtperformance.com for the latest probs. with MSX. if your interested.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:16 AM
I hate reading schitt like this and I'm real sorry to hear about what happen to you Of course we're only hearing your side BUT I have no reason to not believe you. Once someone took the "you dont even have proff I had your car" stance I would sure think in my mind HE stole your car and parts.

And anyone that would not want to help you while your baby got stolen from his hands, and then lies about having it, or what he had it for, or what it had in it, is outright playing you like a piano in my mind....

Now the WHATS YOUR FAULT part
If the vehicle meant that much to you why the Fk didnt you have Theft on it ???

BTW a little fyi:
There are nightmare after nightmare stories on this and other forums of Lightnings that were smashed, stolen, beating, abused, and all kinds of stuff while at a Ford Dealership. In "all" cases that I have read the Dealership shows the customer some fine print that says they are NOT responsible for your vehicle while they have it in their posession, AND that YOU must make the claim through YOUR insurance company. I dont know if all dealerships DONT have responsibility but there are many Ford Dealership stories where they were NOT and the owners had to go through their insurance.

I have theft on all my vehicles and if something means that much to you, YOU SHOULD TOO.... Very sorry stg this is one hell of a nightmare story and I surly hope you get all your money back (or at least get to see him pay for his crimes) ....

EDIT
BTW I see their site is no longer on line and after doing a little research on the net I also see many others have had issues and problems with them. I dont know them nor have I ever done business with them so my opinion is exactly that and it's based on hearing your side only. But either way if he had your car and now it's gone you should file charges against him and then if you win the case you can freeze all his assets and put leans on anything he owns now "or in the future"...

Last edited by Rob_00Lightning; 05-11-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:06 PM
"you dont even have proff I had your car" If some one told me that . Id start swinging.! That sux and i hope you can atleast get you money back for the car_Parts.!

Old 05-12-2007, 02:35 AM
dont think i didnt drive the trip 2 hours north-east of me and sleep in my truck 3 nights in a row down the street from his shop just after the shocking news! I went there to get my supposed pulled motor and my car keys. i was also going to close and lock the door behind me to have an old fashioned conversation with him (if you get what i mean ). leads told me that he was MIA for 2 weeks then and thinking back on it that was good for both of us.

my baby was insured but no theft and believe me i bitch my self out everyday for it and that will never happen again. now a days my 06 roush has full cover, gap, theft, and lojack GPS security w/every feature possible.

thanks for the support guys and keep her safe and in your sight at all times!

Old 05-12-2007, 01:42 PM
That sucks....

Something similar happened to me (not at MSX though). I had a beater Monte SS that no one ever messed with, and just a day after my new crate motor was put in it was stolen from my apartment complex. It seemed awfully fishy to me and the car was found completely stripped. Don't know if the shop had anything to do with it but it sucked.

Having full coverage sometimes just doesn't make sense...an 86 MC SS won't get you crap from an insurance company after it is stolen, though it was easy to throw big money into fixing it up.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
A major issue you're going to have to deal with and explain is: Why, when with all the possible "evidence" of liability you say you have have, did you wait two years to initiate any actions against MSX? Why would you wait this long to seek legal counsel? This seems odd.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:31 PM
my car was stolen about 10 half months ago. 6 months before that we made the sale on the motor and extra parts. my car or what was left was found 2 months after theft. legal docs. and papers were filed roughly 3 months ago which means he is in the proccess of being served or should have aready been and is ignoring it, which is a bad idea. i decided to yake legal action after my car was recovered because thre was nothing left and billy(owner) still could not be reached. that leaves about 5 months of down time that consisted ofreserching hard facts from my situ. as well as possible other victoms. turns out there are many of them by the way. in any case certainly not 2 years.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:10 AM
The story is see is that you didn't have insurance and the shop you chose to use doesn't have insurance. ( or doesnt admit it )

You are both at fault - you the most - since it was your car and since you trusted a creep with your car
Doug

Last edited by Silver_2000; 05-13-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000

You are both at fault - you the most - since it was your car and since you trusted a creep with your car
Doug
"you the most - since it was your car" i cant make sense out of that. who elses car was it going to be? i own a vehicle and want to get it worked on by a licensed ASE tech. because i dont have the mechanical experience to build an engine so i seek a profesional shop does not put me at fault. i also own a water heater that i wouldnt no how to fix, so you pay and put your trust into someone who does. theres no fault in the above. Now absolutely 100% it was my fault that i trusted a creep with my car, only i wish i knew he was a creep before i dropped it off. if i did id still have my car. A year and a half ago, if you typed up "modular Speedworx" on the web you'd find nothing but rave reviews of quility work. Type in the same now and youll find hundreds of posts and thousands of views of strories like mine. Maybe all of us that are victoms of MSX are most at fault. fortunatly that trust card holds no weight in court against signed contracts and credit card documents.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Robert Francis
A major issue you're going to have to deal with and explain is: Why, when with all the possible "evidence" of liability you say you have have, did you wait two years to initiate any actions against MSX? Why would you wait this long to seek legal counsel? This seems odd.
Yup, Judge Judy ain't gonna like that.

Why the hell wouldn't you have insurance on your car and then wait TWO years to file. Don't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Every body shop, mechanic, I have every been too has a disclaimer on their wall that they are not responsible if something happens to your vehicle. I'm going to assume this guy probably did too. Methinks you and your pooch done been screwed.

I do feel for you though. Some of the hardest lessons to learn are the expensive ones.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"coming up on this june 24th it will be one year since my mustang was stolen from Billys MSX shop."

He filed his suit three months ago.

Seven or eight months is not an abnormal delay in filing. And lots of suits are filed just before the statute of limitations runs. The judge will not think twice about the filing date.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Agreed

Tim what happens if this guy doesnt show up at court "or" he cant be found to serve the papers to him ??? Will a case be heard without him and then a judgement put against him ???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lightning owners and others beware of MSX!!