Zaino User's ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino User's ????

I was thinking of finally trying this stuff but it seems a little scary

Can you use it in the Sun?

I see it says cotton towels
what about those mirco-fiber towels I must have like 50 of those and there not the cheap ones

And lastely is this stuff really worth it or should I just stay with the cherry wet wax from Coats that I've been using for years

Any input appreciated
thanks
Slick

Old 03-30-2007, 06:56 AM
don't use it in the sun.
100% white cotton towels, made in the USA are best

Sal @ Zaino said Microfiber manufacturers are not consistent yet, he has been buying and testing some for a while now. He will buy multiple towels that are made buy same company, same size/color etc and some scratch and some don't so he does not prefer to say they are good or not, kind of trial & error for us the end user.

I've had a hard time finding anymore 100% white us made cotton towels now days. Canon/Fieldcrest went under. Bed Bath & Beyond has some Wamsutta Supima Classic Towels that say 100% but also say 100% Supima cotton loops and not sure if that is what I'd want or not.

I've yet to use the Cherry wax, but have always heard great things about it. I've used Zaino off and on since 1999 and now it almost seems like too much work since I only had one vehicle then and now three LOL so I opt for some Meguiers NXT and like the results with it too. I save the Zaino for the L though

Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I use Zanio and the NXT but the zanio's is some really good stuff. A little work at first but after you get threw the first detail of your L it gets a lot easier.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Zaino is GREAT! As mentioned, the first few coats are a little bit of a PITA, but after that it's easy and looks fantastic. That's all I use. If you're going to use Zaino, get the kit that includes everything (claybar, flash cure, etc). It's well worth it

It says you can use it in the sun, but I found it much easier to use in the cool shade.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Where could I find that kit?

Old 03-30-2007, 12:27 PM
the kit is on their site. it can be used in the sun. i only use microfiber towels with it.

as far as too much work, zaino is the easiest product i have ever used. i used the nxt once, and gave the bottle away, that stuff washes off too quickly.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I am a long time user for a Shelby Cobra I have. I have used the Z-2 and Z-3polish on my new F-150 and the results are what I would expect--fantastic. I see no problem using it in the sun--that's how I do the truck; it takes about 45 minutes to apply the polish and maybe another 45 minutes to wipe off. I then follow it up with the Gloss Enhancer--another 30 minutes, tops.

For towels, I am very much a stickler for using only USA-made cotton towels. I have such two white towels that I use to dry the car after washing and the same for applying and wiping off the polish.

Last edited by bmalone; 03-30-2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added picture.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Go for it. Been using it since '99 and never looked back. If your truck is a dark color, go with the Z5. Otherwise you can use Z2. Wash it with liquid Dawn to remove anything that's on there now. Clay it. Wash it again and apply Z1, then your Z5 or Z2. As mentioned, only use 100% cotton - Made in the USA towels to dry, remove polish and spray detailer. You can use Z6 spray detailer after each coat and in between, after washes. Don't forget your rims! They're clear coated too.

And just remember....a little goes a long way. You can easily do your entire truck with 1 oz. Once you get the hang of it, you won't regret it. Also remember that Zaino layers, so the more you apply the deeper and richer the pigment of your paint will look.

You're in Jersey so unfortunately, you can't order it online. Only store I know of is Shore Motorsports in Howell on RT. 9.

Good luck.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Black02SVTL
Where could I find that kit?
This is the one I got:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=19

Last edited by Copenhagen848; 03-30-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:52 PM
I'd get it based on longevity alone. The Meguier's I've tried lasted about half as long as Zaino.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Zaino is awesome stuff. Been detailing cars for over 15 years and I'm still amazed by the results. It smells great too. Follow their directions and use good towels.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all the Info

I wonder why it can't get shipped to NJ we are the pollution dumping ground anyway...lol

I will see if I can find it locally up in Northern NJ if not I'll stay with the cherry wet it does work good also

Plus the Lightning is gone almost a year now...This is for the dark side mobile I just got for the wife 07 Black Trailblazer SS

I still don't know what I want and I'm not paying over sticker for a GT500. plus 09 is supposed to be all new goodies

Thanks again
Slick-Craig

Old 03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by SLICK0478
I will see if I can find it locally up in Northern NJ if not I'll stay with the cherry wet it does work good also
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only get it online from their site.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:07 AM
I too love using Zaino...I've tried a few of their different types of polish and they all work great.

My best zaino job was when I put it on the car and let it sit on it overnight. It came off very quickly the next morning and the paint was smooth as glass.

One word of caution about those microfiber towels....they tend to pick up anything that is in the washer/dryer. Somehow mine picked up some microscopic mulch fragments after I had done some landscaping and when I cleaned my old truck it put little scratches everywhere. I didn't notice them at first until the sun hit the truck. That was horrible!
Now I use them once and do a major inspection before using them again...normally I just toss them.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only get it online from their site.
He has (or used to anyway) have distributors throughout the country. The reason he won't sell it online to NJ residents is for tax reasons.

I buy it locally here in NJ so that's at least one distributor.

Quick Reply: Zaino User's ????