Lightning

Diablosport predator...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablosport predator...

I`v just been recomanded to by a diablosport predatorfor tuning my new 2004 SVT Lightning. Since im new to this truck i have to ask som (probably stupid) questions...

This diablosport predator, and others like this, can they adjust every aspect of the engine thats nessasery to adjust custom ore is it fixed programs you uploade to the engine modul?

The best thing is if i culg get hold of a tool that i can adjust all the parameters sepperatly as i add new tuningstuff to the engine? Is this possible with this diablosport predator... If not is there any that can do this?

When you chip a Lightning with for example Superchip, is this just a program designed for a standard "non upgraded" engine ore do the deliver programs\tuning for every kind of adjustmants we do to these trucks?

For eksample: If i put on a open air filter, bigger "airflowvent" (Don remember the name on the part thats placed after the airmass and before the blowerintake....), a new pulley and so on.... Will it be possible to custom tune the engine for this mod if i hawe a rolling higway available?

Old 07-30-2006, 03:51 PM
To my knowledge the Predator gives you the most end user adjustment of all the hand held tuners. You will be able to compensate for small changes and boost up to 14lbs. A wideband air fuel meter at the same time is a good idea. Any major mods ie. cams, injectors, bigger maf's and so on will require a custom tune that can be provided from a Diablo sport dealer and loaded via the Predator.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:46 PM
I bought the Diablo Predator from Johnny Lightning and had him make me a custom tune specifically for my truck. He also put my truck on the dyno to verify the tune. I am very pleased with the results. The custom dyno tune is needed for these trucks if you want to be safe. I would suggest finding a tuner in your area and have them make you a custom tune. Be sure to have it verified on a dyno. If you don't have a good tuner in your area, have one of the big 3 Lightning tuners make you a custom tune. Then, you can have your truck dynoed at a local shop and give the results to the tuner you chose. They can make any necessary changes to the custom tune based on the dyno results. If you want to be safe, this is the route to take. Also, depending on which tuner you choose, they might only make tunes for the xcal and not the predator. Either way, both handheld devices are good. If you are 100% sure on how to properly adjust the parameters, I guess you could do it yourself but I wouldn't recommend it. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Diablosport predator...