Lightning

Install went smoooooooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Install went smoooooooth

Did the hardwire radar detector install today to the overhead console. Went very smooth.

Sorry no pics due to the lack of a digi cam at the moment, but I just wanted to post a heads up to any Valentine 1 owner, in the box you get with the V1 they give you a little module for hardwiring, you will have to cut both ends off the + and - and then jam that module through the hole into the roof to get everything to fit, along with all the extra wiring.

Good luck all

Heres the link in case anyone missed it http://home.houston.rr.com/toddandje...ing/RDInstall/

Thanks Madhouse

Old 07-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Have my V1 hard wired as well. Love it!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:10 AM
My X50 (blue) is also hardwired. Nice work!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm glad to hear everything came out fine. I didn't look for links when I installed mine, but took a look at the cabling up in the console. The thin wires bothered me enough that I decided it wasn't for me. It's good to see others have success with it because that probably would have been easier.

I ended up running mine across the headliner and down the A-Pillar and hooking into some much larger cabling behind the panel where my left foot would be. I still have access to the little module that came with the V1 and I didn't have to cut any ends off of the power cables. I was really pleased with the way it came out.

Anyway, grats on your successful install. I probably would have done it that way if I had searched for a link. :o

Old 07-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lyfisin
I'm glad to hear everything came out fine. I didn't look for links when I installed mine, but took a look at the cabling up in the console. The thin wires bothered me enough that I decided it wasn't for me. It's good to see others have success with it because that probably would have been easier.

I ended up running mine across the headliner and down the A-Pillar and hooking into some much larger cabling behind the panel where my left foot would be. I still have access to the little module that came with the V1 and I didn't have to cut any ends off of the power cables. I was really pleased with the way it came out.

Anyway, grats on your successful install. I probably would have done it that way if I had searched for a link. :o
Did mine the way you did in 2001 when I got the truck... pretty easy. I don't see a reason to change it either.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
What did you guys tap into? I just go a V1 and want to hardwire it so it goes on and off with the car, but I have no idea where to get power from.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Cuz
Originally Posted by MicLightning
Did the hardwire radar detector install today to the overhead console. Went very smooth.

Sorry no pics due to the lack of a digi cam at the moment, but I just wanted to post a heads up to any Valentine 1 owner, in the box you get with the V1 they give you a little module for hardwiring, you will have to cut both ends off the + and - and then jam that module through the hole into the roof to get everything to fit, along with all the extra wiring.

Good luck all

Heres the link in case anyone missed it http://home.houston.rr.com/toddandje...ing/RDInstall/

Thanks Madhouse
Sounds cool but linky no worky...

Old 12-29-2009, 12:57 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR - 2010

Cant see **** !

Quick Reply: Install went smoooooooth