Lightning

Rob_02 Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob_02 Appreciation Thread

I think it's time we as a Lightning community thanked Rob for all the honest postings he has made about his engine problems. Even with all the problems he has had, Rob still stays faithful to his original tuner and the parts he has purchased.

Rob my hats off to you. You are definately a class act and a valueable assest to the Lightning community. I have definately learned volumes from your experiences. And if I ever win the lottery or come into a large sum of money, your credit card will be the first thing I pay off.
-Mike

Old 11-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Mike,

I'm right their with you. Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks that. I have never seen him take a cheap shot at vendor. He's def. an asset to the community.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Old 11-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks for sharing Rob. I've been enjoying your posts since the Clarion sub. days.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm right with Mike on that one. Hats off to you Rob. Rob when I pick-up my truck we will have to hook-up

Old 11-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Man talk about what could have been done in an email.

We all know what Rob has gone through.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah, Rob is the man, next to Sal of course.

Haha.

I ALWAYS click on Rob's post's.

I hope he never sells the L.....

Old 11-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I'd give him a

Jody

Old 11-09-2005, 03:18 PM
I say the same about Rob, hes a great guy and very helpful.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Gee guys your making me blush :o
OR SOMETHING

I guess I've become the Poster Child of what NOT to do hu, hehehehe

You know whats weird, on the stock block I could do NO WRONG, everything I tried ended up being a smart choice and showed awesome improvement in ET and ended up giving me reliability and longevity. From the orig 12.8 I ran months after buying it I was hooked. (4lb, F-1's, no bars,single 2 bank chip).
Then the winter of 02 I was one of the first to use a Zex System on a L,
again awesome results, first time out was (5) 12.0's if I remember correctly, then 2 years of great results on the spray afterwards. One of the first to use a Multi Spark Ignition, DEF one of the first to go against the rules and change the upper pulley when everyone said no you never do that back in 02, again I had multi years of reliabilty with it. First to pump it up to 19 degrees on a n20 tune, 100HP jets, 4+2+ WASP (another first) and to date that dam 11.81 I ran like 2 or 3 years ago is still my best ET (for the record I had it burried Fri before you know what happen) &@$^%*@$%@($&$@
I've ran like 7 or 8 11's since and many 8's but no 11.81's or better, even on the built motor. 21 degrees in pump gas, spraying the schitt out of it on 22 degree nights, shifting at 6K for almost 2 yrs. No exhaust, trans, suspension work, and stock convertor (at the time) and there I was cutting 1.6 60fts.
I truly could do no wrong

But with this dam built motor the decisions I made all mostly turned out to bite me in the ***, talk about a complete 360 in results. I do believe a lot of people learned from my success and failures, and for that I am glad I was able to give. I have been known to give warm welcomes to the new members, (we were all there once), I help always and anywhere I can, I NEVER attack or bash vendors and members, and you guys have truly become family and friends. Some of the best people I've ever met in my life are a direct result of this Community.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS POST, and for reminding me I have made an impact. THIS BEAST AINT GOING NO WHERE, JDM will fix me up, and it will be back bigger and badder than ever before. I have faith Sals bullet prove bottom end is still fine and maybe I can continue my "first" by being out there next year running a PSP/JDM built motor.

RWTD tuned me into my first 12, JLP brought me to the 11's and kept me there for 2 seasons, Sal built me a kick *** bottom end (and ya I skimped on the rest) and kept me in the 11's (even on Fri's run), and now Jim and JDM with their kick *** Ported CNC Heads, Cams, SS Valves, SPRINGS, (woo hoo) and the Master of Magnum Powers tuning will bring me to an entire new level.

No one was stabbed in the back, no bashing was done, and I remain faithfull to all. Cant we all just get alone, heheheheheh
BTW, Gator already stopped by Jims to make sure I aint going to be faster,
Jim lied to him to keep him happy
HERE GATOR GATOR......
SOON IM GOING TO BE WHOPPING YO A$$ LIKE THE GOOD OLE DAYS
woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo : o )

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE, it's truly been my pleasure
(well ok except for the last few months) @$%@($%@($%@$(@$(&@$

Old 11-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Old 11-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I always look forward to Rob's posts. They are always honest and informative if you sift thru the garbage some others contribute.
I also enjoy talking with Rob at the track and it amazes me how he speaks highly of all the people who had a part in his modifications so far.
Thanks for all the help and pictures you have contributed over the years and stick this last setback out. It will be worth it next season!
Jim

Old 11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Normally these kind of posts end in a hip-hip hooray, but something tells me I should just say WOOOOO HOOOOOO instead.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Rob's victory speech next year: "I would like to thank JDM, Discover Card, Citibank, Bank of America, and Capital One for my 10 sec run..."

-Mark

Old 11-09-2005, 05:10 PM
FU Rob!!!!!!!!! You SU CK!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't let this be a totally happy thread!

That being said, I agree with the original post. You da man Rob!

Quick Reply: Rob_02 Appreciation Thread