Lightning

Observations Of The L During Long Distance Cruising

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Observations Of The L During Long Distance Cruising

So for the first time in 34000 miles I finally took it on a 5 hour trip one way and back.

First off, for the long distance I love the comfort. Seats fit my back and butt great for the duration.

Fuel mileage was not bad. Almost 15mpg mostly around 80 with several 100+mph blasts through the desert.

Biggest complaint would be noise. Man it's loud inside, and I am stock with near new tires. I may need to get some dynomat done.

It is funny how people, especially small cars with fart can mufflers always want to race. I don't think so!!! Nevertheless I get to do it all over again next week. Now that's a fun commute.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I agree it's LOUD inside. I just crack open the rear slider and little and turn the radio up a little more.

the exhaust overwhelms everything, until I get into the boost, then the eaton is screaming at me. It's a no-win situation for noise. But it puts a smile on my face

Old 10-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Cruising down the interstate at 70 mph is sheer joy to me with the Bassani's - wife loves it and is even able to nap a little. I agree that the comfort of these things is great - even for my 6'6" 290# and I've found that I can get up to 18 mpg at 70 mph as long as I don't pass at WOT too many times.

I've even had people pull up alongside to take pictures.............

Bird

Old 10-25-2005, 03:17 PM
The first day with my L when I bought her involved driving 15.5 hours straight back to Florida. We only stopped for gas. It was actually quite refined. Of course, at cruise, the Bassani almost lulled me to sleep with it's rumble. I've sense done a full Dynomat install and it most definitely calms the inside. try www.fatmat.com for a cheaper Dynomat alternative. I've used it in a ton of vehicles for car stereo. Works great, and is cheap.

Quick Reply: Observations Of The L During Long Distance Cruising