Lightning

Petition for DiabloSport to deliver on the Lightning firmware update

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Petition for DiabloSport to deliver on the Predator's Lightning firmware update

DiabloSport has been promising its customers since June of last year through e-mails, phone support and forum postings to update the firmware of the Predator hand-held units for the Lightning and Harley Davidson F-150 S/C (U7158) to support:

* Wider ranged timing adjustments

* Wider ranged fuel adjustments

* Corrected (safer) "built in" tunes

* Ability to hold more than one tune at a time

* Other features, enhancements and bug fixes

It is well known that the stock firmware (Release 5) is very lacking in A/F + timing adjustment capabilities, and the built-in tunes are responsible for the destruction of many motors, as customers had a reasonable expectation of increased performance with a realistic safety margin.

To this date, DiabloSport has failed to provide a firmware update, or a progress report that has a reasonable timeline with a due date. Rather, when asked, a DiabloSport representative responds (sic)"It will be ready in 2 weeks" or something similar. This same response has been reiterated for several months with no results.

This is unacceptable behavior and unfair to the customers who have purchased this Predator, expecting support and timely upgrades, as other vehicles that DiabloSport produces tuning software for are receiving. It could also be said that DiabloSport is negligent and irresponsible for not providing an update to the stock tunes to correct the absurdly high timing curves and lean settings that these "dangerous" tunes have been proven to exhibit. You would think that DiabloSport would have fixed these tunes long ago to avoid potenial liability for damages.

Therefore, I've created this as a petition that will be submitted to DiabloSport that will be in the form of a demand. So if you wish to sign this petition, post here, and send a e-mail to ojref@hotmail.com with this exact Subject line: Diablo Predator Tuner Petition In the body of the message, indicate that you are supporting the petition, and provide some contact info (e-mail is fine) in case the petitioners should need to be validated.

It sucks that it has to come to this, however I feel that DiabloSport needs to get a clue and support us, otherwise
I for one will be selecting another vendor in the future for my programming needs.

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 03-01-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:47 AM
I believe my tuner has one of these. His predator has finer adjustments than mine. I may be wrong on this but his is different and he receive his last month.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 AM
According to DiabloSport tech support and the website, firmware R5 is the only release firmware availble for Lightning/ HD S/C. I asked if they had a beta release and they said no.

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 03-01-2005 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:21 AM
As much as I would hope that the petition works ...I dought it!In the open road racing comunity we had the saem problem with one of the founding bodies.We tried talking to them and such and it all fell on deaf ears.so we just voted with our wallets!When you are basicly threatened with losing several hundred K,I would think they would listen...And guess what they did!!
My suggestion would be do the same,that will get the message across faster than a petition,tell all the vendors that sell this item what you plan on doing and get orginized[sp] and you will see some results.STan

Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 AM
This is me signing your petition.

email sent

Old 03-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Ruslow
As much as I would hope that the petition works ...I dought it!In the open road racing comunity we had the saem problem with one of the founding bodies.We tried talking to them and such and it all fell on deaf ears.so we just voted with our wallets!When you are basicly threatened with losing several hundred K,I would think they would listen...And guess what they did!!
My suggestion would be do the same,that will get the message across faster than a petition,tell all the vendors that sell this item what you plan on doing and get orginized[sp] and you will see some results.STan
I'm going to try to get James @ RWTD on this.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:44 AM
there is a diablosport forum setup on modularfords. there are also some tricks and other stuff posted up over there on how to get around some of the trim adjustments.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll forward this thread to a few friends of mine at Diablo...

Old 03-01-2005, 11:12 AM
I fully agree w/you on this. When I bought the Predator, I was told that it would hold multiple tunes.

I also was also told that fuel base and timing could be ADJUSTED IN TWO RANGES 2K-4K rpms AND 4000-7000 rpms. These ranges seem more suited to the Cobra anyhow, Lightning would be better1500-3500 and 3500-6000. When I called Diablo and asked about this they said not yet,but soon; this was a year ago.

The extra adjustability and ability to hold several tunes is why I bought the programmer. This along with a wideband would be an ideal way to tune our trucks for street and track.

As far as the tunes go, I have only tried the pulley tune w 4#pulley and couldnt be happier- knocked off.452 sec and went up 3.36mph in 1/4mile. This was on the same nite at the same track. Works good on my truck.

*(lazy cut & paste from another forum)

Old 03-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spoke to Diablo. They are currently working on all the updates, have most of it done, and it should be finished shortly. The 05 Mustang Predator development sent everything else to the back burner, but now that it's been finished, Diablo is catching up on all the other stuff.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Suspended
well when you chose to use a company that tries to copy the innovators in industry, you will get stuff like this... That is all I will say about Diablo.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:28 PM
wow, Im glad I didnt pick one up back when they came out, I wouldnt have expected such trouble from a programmer.

Old 03-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 35thPony
well when you chose to use a company that tries to copy the innovators in industry, you will get stuff like this... That is all I will say about Diablo.
care to elaborate on this subject? you can e-mail me if you want.

rdy2rac@comcast.net

Old 03-01-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm really really really really surprised that there has not been a class action lawsuit filed against these guys.

Blown motors due to Diablo installed tunes

Deceptive practices associated with those tunes

Lawyers around here are slacking.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by RDY2RAC
care to elaborate on this subject? you can e-mail me if you want.

rdy2rac@comcast.net
I believe what he is trying to say is that diablo copied superchips.

Quick Reply: Petition for DiabloSport to deliver on the Lightning firmware update