Lightning

Carrera 2 gets struck by Lightning.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carrera 2 gets struck by Lightning.

This must be my week. Running into an SRT RAM and now a race with a Porsche. Story goes like this.

I get off the freeway moving my way up the exit ramp to the light when I see a white Porsche Carrera 2 stopped in front of me. It said so on the rear. Mind you, I'm no porsche expert, I knew it wasn't an all-wheel drive or new model. So we're both in the same turn lane waiting for the light to change. I'm thinking maybe this guy is the sporting type with his cool shades and driving gloves on? As the Light turned green I found out.

I start to turn behind him and move over in the far lane to get next to him. As we get out of the turn and start moving straight, he hits the gas. I punch it! The truck drops down to 2nd and were off.

He has a slight jump and my drivers door is at his rear bumper. I'm sarting to pull up on him and the s/c on the L is singing the high note in his passenger window....lol

As I'm starting to move up to pass him, the hide-away wing on the back of that porsche pops up, "it didn't help the guy!" I pulled next to him, looked in at him, he looked over, I smiled and passed him. I look down and I'm doing 90+mph. By this time he has the best picture taking view of my trucks azz end.

I proved my point....I shut it down and let him go by. He was not happy by the look on his face...

Nothing like a truck laying down the smack on a Porsche. Made my day. I know if it was the 03 or 04 with all wheel drive and the 345hp or 450hp twin turbo, I would have been eating crow.

He didn't and lost. Wonder if he's trading that sucker in now on a newer model?

Chalk up another W for the L team! No other cars were around when this took place.

Old 09-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Nice kill are you modded?

Old 09-25-2004, 09:27 PM
screw the porsche, you should've gone to STANTON with MILOC today.

low turnout, you couldve run as much as you wanted.

BTW: where are you running into these vehicles.?

Old 09-25-2004, 09:31 PM
I tried to race a 911 GT3 today, but he kicked my butt

To bad I was in my Focus, hehe

Old 09-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by l-menace
screw the porsche, you should've gone to STANTON with MILOC today.

low turnout, you couldve run as much as you wanted.

BTW: where are you running into these vehicles.?
l-menace,

I ran into the SRT in Livonia by my house. The Porsche, exiting off M-14 & Beck today. We turned left racing over the freeway towards N. Territorial. I would have been out to Stanton except I had to work on a friends home.

My buddy has two garages, one attached and one detached. I'm the lucky one installing the U-coat it, epoxy floor this weekend. Over 2000sq.ft between the two garages. Just bad timing.

He also has a 2002 Harley truck that he was looking to get to the track and see what it'll run. It has a K/B supercharger 4# lower and a some other custome engine mods. It has a custom re-flash from Mark at BOP. Maybe next year on stanton.

Redlightn 02,

I have JL traction bars Nitto 555R's, FTVB and custome engine mods. No reflash or chip. I'll be installing my JL 3# lower in a few weeks. The weather here has really cooled off. It's to our advantage now.

Don's Bolt,

If you had this coversion kit from ATI in your Focus, that Porsche or any other sports car under 100K wouldn't have a chance. Read this if you haven't seen it before.

http://www.accuratetechnologies.com/...aspx?tabid=196

Old 09-26-2004, 05:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Carrera 2 gets struck by Lightning.

Originally posted by Thor01

As I'm starting to move up to pass him, the hide-away wing on the back of that porsche pops up, "it didn't help the guy!" I pulled next to him, looked in at him, he looked over, I smiled and passed him. I look down and I'm doing 90+mph. By this time he has the best picture taking view of my trucks azz end.

LMAO

Thanks for the early sunday morning laugh

Old 09-26-2004, 07:23 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR - 2010

Excellent kill !

Quick Reply: Carrera 2 gets struck by Lightning.