Lightning

Marvel Mystery Oil????

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Marvel Mystery Oil????

Hi everyone, coming to u from sunny England! U.K. where fuel is the equivalent of $6 per gallon!!!!
Anyhow, been reading lots about your use of Xylene to increase the octane of fuel and the addition of something called Marvel Mystery oil as a lubricant.
Question is: WTF is Marvel Mystery oil???
Can anyone tell me if i can get a U.K. equivalent?
Had my '99 black L about 4 mths and already added FTVB, set of Nitto's AF1 filter and Magnaflow catback, (all imported from the states by myself ) owning a Lightning over here is difficult as theres only a couple of parts dealers who import for spares. ($600 per tire for Goodyear F1's an example)
Wouldn't trade my beast for anything though

Marvel Mystery oil?????????

Old 07-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Old 07-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Thumbs up

Ford type trans fluid is the same as Marvel Mystery oil. I use Toluene it is 114 oct. I think Xylene is 2 dry. 1 OZ of ATF per gal of toluene I have been using toluene to make race gas 4 years with no problems. Good Luck

Old 07-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by don presby
Ford type trans fluid is the same as Marvel Mystery oil. I use Toluene it is 114 oct. I think Xylene is 2 dry. 1 OZ of ATF per gal of toluene I have been using toluene to make race gas 4 years with no problems. Good Luck
Not sure what you mean by Xylene being to dry, as it is a slower evaporating solvent than Toluene.

Old 07-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Must be tough owning one of these trucks on that side of the puddle?

I read the crotch rocket bike rags and it sounds like the hooligans are getting busted from all kinds of speed traps and camers these days.

Not many wide open 4 lane interstate highways in the middle of no where to test and tune your L

$6 a gallon..... Another pain in the wallet!

Quick Reply: Marvel Mystery Oil????