Lightning

Cold air, Cold F-1's, Cold street=

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold air, Cold F-1's, Cold street=

Last night when I finished work at 11:30 pm I noticed ice crystals forming on my roof and innovations lid. It was a mind numbing 49* at that time. Thats as close to a White Christmas as we get down here!

The combination of cold air, cold f-1's, and cold street surface make for quite a sleigh ride!!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 10:28 AM
Ya doesn't it suck
You'll hear me going off all winter about how schitty the
traction is in the these dam COLD NY Winters

Old 12-21-2003, 10:29 AM
AT least it was warmer out when I saw you on 87th ave.

The truck sounded mean crossing 184st, which exhaust combination do you have on there?

Late that night mine was sleeping inside the warm garage hehe.

I still need to wash it :o

Old 12-21-2003, 11:35 AM
MISTERgadget...

I saw you off to my left there on 184 street yesterday. I had no idea it was you until you caught up to me as I was turning and I saw the "STRUCK" tag. I see a couple other White Lightnings at that intersection occasionally. The guys that drive them never acknowledge my presence so I have given up on waving. Know what I'm talking about?

I have a Bassani cat-back on the truck. Thanks-Bill-

Rob 02, I have heard you complain in the past about no traction with cold air, tires, and street. I thought about you every time the rear end slid out last night

Old 12-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Litnfast

I know what you mean about the waves.

I get a wave back most of the time, but every once in a while there's that confused "oh no you're looking at me? get away stalker!" look that i get from people

I've always wondered how my catback sounds outside the truck. Maybe i'll have my friend do a pass by me in the truck while I listen on the sidewalk?

Bill, your truck was looking great BTW

Old 12-21-2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks MISTERgadget...

I was out washing the boat last Sunday and a nice sounding 03/04 White Lightning drove by. If that was you it sounded great!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 12:57 PM
was that around 10:30 am or so (approx)

On 82nd ave?

If so it was me

Old 12-21-2003, 01:32 PM
speakin of cold winter streets, last night i was on my way out , n i was driving threw the bronx in an area i didnt know, i camre thru a lil dip in the street n boy did i get a suprise, it was a sheet of ice, cause it was a whoppin 27 degrees here, the truck hit the ice n imidiateley went into a spin, (**** my pants) but drove all hell out of it, cause i saw my L heading for a huge tree. so its spun n i got on the breaks a lil bit n turned the wheel in the oppisite way , n when the truck started to come back the other way i got back on the gas a lil n thank god the ice patch was a few feet long n the truck straightened out. so i was like what did i hit, i look up to read the temp think on the headliner n it says 27 degrees-ice, so im like ok i see wht that was, so i let me legs stop shakin n change my draws n i went on my way, needless to say i was very cautious the rest of the night, n i am think about retiring the L for the winter n buyin a hoopty. i would hate to wreck my baby, just be cautious out there guys. let all try to keep em in one piece this winter.

Old 12-21-2003, 02:15 PM
we get to drag all year long here.

Quick Reply: Cold air, Cold F-1's, Cold street=