Lightning

Day 2 w/new truck and already I dont like..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day 2 w/new truck and already I dont like..

Just got a dark blue 2002 Lightning and a few things really bother me.
1. Rear of truck is too high
2. Shifts are too soft
3. I just filled this thing up- where did my gas go? This things a pig
4.NEEDS MORE POWER!
So, who has a good recipie for a 12sec lightning?
Funds are low right now for obvious reasons, so Im looking for a low-cost build-up. Im thinking Trans-go from Summit; and some shackles from who?
Are there any free mods to get this sled moving? I cant get the off my face-love the truck
P.S. Big HELLO to all

Old 05-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Banned
FTVB will take care of that soft shift and a chip filter and pulley will get ya into the 12's

welcome

Old 05-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Old 05-15-2003, 11:46 PM
Also,,, The exh. tips look like crap,
and, the brakes squeak like crazy
Still a big
This FTVB-thing , I assume its some sort of valve body? Ive had really good luck w/Trans-go on fast cars in the past- Not just VB tweeks, but (on GMs) beefier servo pistons/spring, better accumulator etc. Dont know what the kit does on the Lightning.
Must go mid 12s

Old 05-15-2003, 11:50 PM
Banned
yes the factory tech valve body is not just another shift kit. you will not be unhappy. im going to search for nasty wendys description

Old 05-15-2003, 11:51 PM
stay away from upping line pressure via new chip, just get a factory tech valve body (one of two possible valve bodies) but FT has best service and greg has done the most work/research o nthe subject!

Get the chip filter and pulley
like the goons on the boards like to say "you got to pay to play"
warrenty = bye bye with new stuff.

Old 05-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Banned
And here it is quoted from Nasty Wendy.............

"The Line Mod Valve is a part that improves shifts over stock....Kinda like a vibrator. You know a woman can use a vibrator to attain sexual stimulation and satisfy herself with just that part (vibrator). But the Factory Tech Valve Body is a REAL MAN, A STUD, A SEXUAL MARVEL SUPERHERO, when it comes to shift improvement. Where the Line Mod Valve may acheive its goal, the Factory Tech Valve Body will "Smack it up, flip it, and rub it down". The Factory Tech Valve Body doesn't just help attain sexual stimulation, it takes you to the mountain top and beyond, it makes all the problems of the world go away leaving you in a perpetual state of bliss AND when its done its job it holds you close and looks you in the eye and says "I Love You". A vibrator can't do that and neither can a Line Mod Valve. The choice is yours. If women graded mens performance against the performance of these two parts - Would you want to be a Line Mod Valve or a Factory Tech Valve Body?:

Old 05-16-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by SpankDog
And here it is quoted from Nasty Wendy.............

"The Line Mod Valve is a part that improves shifts over stock....Kinda like a vibrator. You know a woman can use a vibrator to attain sexual stimulation and satisfy herself with just that part (vibrator). But the Factory Tech Valve Body is a REAL MAN, A STUD, A SEXUAL MARVEL SUPERHERO, when it comes to shift improvement. Where the Line Mod Valve may acheive its goal, the Factory Tech Valve Body will "Smack it up, flip it, and rub it down". The Factory Tech Valve Body doesn't just help attain sexual stimulation, it takes you to the mountain top and beyond, it makes all the problems of the world go away leaving you in a perpetual state of bliss AND when its done its job it holds you close and looks you in the eye and says "I Love You". A vibrator can't do that and neither can a Line Mod Valve. The choice is yours. If women graded mens performance against the performance of these two parts - Would you want to be a Line Mod Valve or a Factory Tech Valve Body?:

That... was seriously funny! I am going to get the FT body pretty soon, next on the shopping list.

Old 05-16-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Blue Bolt
Also,,, The exh. tips look like crap,
and, the brakes squeak like crazy
Still a big
This FTVB-thing , I assume its some sort of valve body? Ive had really good luck w/Trans-go on fast cars in the past- Not just VB tweeks, but (on GMs) beefier servo pistons/spring, better accumulator etc. Dont know what the kit does on the Lightning.
Must go mid 12s
I'm sure you will hear this over and over again... chip and pulley chip and pulley! Watch the classified ads here, lot's of good deals esp. if you are on a budget. Good cheap mod? Buy a k&n filter and then drill holes in your stock airbox. more boost for sc and more airflow... good cheap hp. After that... umm, it starts to get a wee bit expensive! By far best hp/dollar? Chip! Then pulley! Chip and pulley, chip and pulley. That should be your mantra, grasshopper! Oh, and welcome to the L community!

Old 05-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Ive never felt so inadiquate about my line mod valve before! Oh My!

Old 05-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Banned
Originally posted by whip
Ive never felt so inadiquate about my line mod valve before! Oh My!

hehe thats why i went straight to the real deal. I would hate to be inadequate.

Old 05-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by jeffsavage
I'm sure you will hear this over and over again... chip and pulley chip and pulley! Watch the classified ads here, lot's of good deals esp. if you are on a budget.
Or check out ebay...do a search on "Lightning pulley" or just "Lightning" and a bunch of stuff usually pops up.

Old 05-16-2003, 02:58 PM
I've got your factory tech valve body, right here.

cLiK diS heRe LinK

Tim

Old 05-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blue Bolt, See my sig for the mods I recommend.

WOT

Quick Reply: Day 2 w/new truck and already I dont like..