Lightning

4" shackles please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4" shackles please read

Not to come off like an a$$hole or anything but I think this board needs a little edjucation on lowering vehicles.The Lightning is NO different than lowering any f150 and im sick of seeing people get RAPED with no lube on Parts they are buying for their Lightning.heres the scoop.The lightning is NO different than any f150 therefore why the hell do you think nobody has come up with a 4" drop shackle in the decades of lowering trucks????Why you ask?? Because it cannot be done.To get a 4" drop,It is well known that you need a shackle ,hanger drop.It seems like vendors are taking advantage of the fact that certain people have way to much trust in them and offer bogus products with bogus promises.Ill keep this confined to the shackles but some of you need to wake up and realize,If nobody has made a 4" shackle in the last 20 years,Theres a reason.Its not rocket science,Its impossible. SOME of these vendors are raping who are not edjucated or new to the Truck modding scene.Some of these overpriced parts can be bought at a fraction of the price if you pick up a $3 truckin magazine....for instance a Shackle which (regardless of what they claim for a drop) will drop your truck 2 inches and can be bought for $29 anywhere.why pay over $100??????If a 4' drop shackle could be functional.it would not take a Lightning vender to discover..............Not to say it doesnt drop the truck a fraction of an inch more than the 2" and on the 03s it might make a little more difference but lets be real.Now why would you spend $200 on a air intake when you can buy the same functional thing for $99. Why people????Why do you think a $.18 peice of foam can gain you HP??When even the intakes are basically for looks/sound??This is not to bash any tuners cause I just ordered parts from all in the last month. Save $100 and take your wife out to eat.....
Why spend $450 on a pain in the A$$ caged pully when you can buy the same functional thing for $240 WITH a belt!!!
Why spend $500 on a throttlebody which will gain you a big fat 0 HP?????

For those 1st 3 mods alone,Good shopping skills I just saved you $390.Thats almost 50%....................Wake up people.Stop being tuner bitches and start being smart about things.

Last edited by Lightningquick; 05-11-2003 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:16 AM
That's why BOP exists. No worthless parts and low prices on stuff that works.

Old 05-11-2003, 11:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that only EXPERIENCE can teach some people ...

I learned some of my lessons when I was returned my
stock shackles in the replacement shackles box ... Then
compared what I paid for them to a Web Search ...

You posited a question about how long it will take for
people to wake up and smell the dollars? And how
long vendors will be around to sell these sometimes
overpriced parts?

Well, the answer is "as long as somebody is still buying"

My $.02 ...

PS... on second thought, I add that this applies to equipment
that is "re-marketed" and not the finely crafted pieces that
some produce. (TFVB, Herb's Washers, PSP FastAir, etc come
to mind as fine examples of a good product for a fair price.)

PPS... to paraphase, "Rape me once, shame on you, Rape me
twice, shame on me!"

Old 05-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Re: 4" shackles please read

Originally posted by Lightningquick
Not to come off like an a$$hole or anything but I think this board needs a little edjucation on lowering vehicles.The Lightning is NO different than lowering any f150 and im sick of seeing people get RAPED with no lube on Parts they are buying for their Lightning.heres the scoop.The lightning is NO different than any f150 therefore why the hell do you think nobody has come up with a 4" drop shackle in the decades of lowering trucks????Why you ask?? Because it cannot be done.To get a 4" drop,It is well known that you need a shackle ,hanger drop.It seems like vendors are taking advantage of the fact that certain people have way to much trust in them and offer bogus products with bogus promises.Ill keep this confined to the shackles but some of you need to wake up and realize,If nobody has made a 4" shackle in the last 20 years,Theres a reason.Its not rocket science,Its impossible. SOME of these vendors are raping who are not edjucated or new to the Truck modding scene.Some of these overpriced parts can be bought at a fraction of the price if you pick up a $3 truckin magazine....for instance a Shackle which (regardless of what they claim for a drop) will drop your truck 2 inches and can be bought for $29 anywhere.why pay over $100??????If a 4' drop shackle could be functional.it would not take a Lightning vender to discover..............Not to say it doesnt drop the truck a fraction of an inch more than the 2" and on the 03s it might make a little more difference but lets be real.Now why would you spend $200 on a air intake when you can buy the same functional thing for $99. Why people????Why do you think a $.18 peice of foam can gain you HP??When even the intakes are basically for looks/sound??This is not to bash any tuners cause I just ordered parts from all in the last month. Save $100 and take your wife out to eat.....
Why spend $450 on a pain in the A$$ caged pully when you can buy the same functional thing for $240 WITH a belt!!!
Why spend $500 on a throttlebody which will gain you a big fat 0 HP?????

For those 1st 3 mods alone,Good shopping skills I just saved you $390.Thats almost 50%....................Wake up people.Stop being tuner bitches and start being smart about things.

One the best articles written on here. I asked the same question about a month ago and got ripped for asking. No one is intending on disrepecting the vendors but we need more minds to speak up on this issue and talk about the mods that are worth the price and the ones that arent worth the price that theyre asking.

Old 05-11-2003, 12:12 PM
I can tell you this...

Back when I wanted to lower my truck I contacted BELL TECH directly.

I didnt want to do the front rear hangers. But they told me I had to to get the drop I want.

Any rear shackle over a 2in Drop will give you problems, thats why they dont make them. When you have that much change in just the back or the rear you make the suspension be in to much of a bind and its not a safe thing to do.

I posted this over a year ago when people were talking about bigger shackles.

Like Lightningquick said, you think someone that deals with drop kits 100% of their time dosent have a reason for not making a 3 or 4in shackle? LOL... They sent me plenty of reasons why over 13 months ago...

Old 05-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
That's why BOP exists.

Old 05-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Wow, good post! Randomly attach the title "engineering" to your buisness, and people will buy anything.

Old 05-11-2003, 12:51 PM
you forgot about plasma boosters!!!

Old 05-11-2003, 12:54 PM
I would like to put a booster on my plasma.Can anyone tell me where its located?

Old 05-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Account Suspended Pending Email Reply
Originally posted by Crash-n-Burn
I would like to put a booster on my plasma.Can anyone tell me where its located?
Isn't that what they call the part of the blood that they use from donations? Maybe it's like a pace-maker...

Old 05-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Banned
I hear BOP sells em cheap.

Might as well be cheap because they dont do jack for power. The LED's look cool i guess

Old 05-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****
I hear BOP sells em cheap.

Might as well be cheap because they dont do jack for power. The LED's look cool i guess
Yeah,I read that post. He dug a grave for JJ on the PBs. Not much being said about them since.

Old 05-11-2003, 02:00 PM
Banned
Yea, at least i got to know how much profit JJ was making off of then, Eeeekk goodness. I sure hope it was enough to pay his upcoming defense fees.

Old 05-11-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****
Yea, at least i got to know how much profit JJ was making off of then, Eeeekk goodness. I sure hope it was enough to pay his upcoming defense fees.

Old 05-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Seriosly, if you want more than a 2" drop in the rear, it cannot be done with shackels. Just get some hangers or leafs. End of story.

Oh and some shocks.......

and pinion shims...............

Quick Reply: 4" shackles please read