Lightning

Question for Kenne Bell users.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Kenne Bell users.

I've read all the posts about quarter times,etc.. But here's my question. How usable is the power on the street. I mean, is traction such an issue that its basically not practical to use efficently on the street. If for instance a new EVO comes up to you at a stoplight or on the highway, will you be able use your power and beat him? My new Sonic blue is in and I was thinking to only put on a KB and a chip. What times could I expect with F1's. Thanks for any input.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:10 PM
I was out this afternoon and put a hurting on a wrx. He tried his best, but against my truck and a 20mph roll it was futile.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:18 PM
Banned
On a stock bottom end that might not be the smartest thing.......

Old 05-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Actually my truck works very nice with the Kenne Bell. I use Nitto drag radials, J L traction bars and I have my driveshaft angle set right. I'm running 15 psi (boost)on the street and I wil be running 18 psi at the track. One thing that is noticable, with the Eaton blower on my truck if I spun the tires in first gear there was a good chance of getting beat because the blower signs off early in the rpm's and the truck doesn't mph high. With the Kenne Bell there is so much more power at the top of the rpm's now that I really don't have to worry. I hope I'm not confusing you, but the best way to say it is it makes your power band more useful.

Thanks Mike

Old 05-07-2003, 07:52 PM
A guy I work with has a 01 L like mine. Added the K/B, running a pulley, Aprox 14 PSI, stock bottom and on F1'S. Let his kid run it at Milan a few weeks ago. Ran a 12.3X. No traction bars,No chip and stock plugs with 14k on the ODO. Just changed the supercharger and pulley.

Get the K/B.

Old 05-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Kenne Bell

I have run one on the street since November. I run a stock lower pulley and a 3.25 upper. The boost is about 13 pounds. I run a single blade throttle body, extrudehoned upper, Swanson filter kit, and the truck is chipped and tuned by Danny Swanson. I use it as an everyday driver and have had zero problems. I do not race my truck and only run 91 octane Ca. gas. It makes 425 rwhp on Danny's dyno (91 Octane ) and is like a kitten if you don't stand on it. My guess is that the truck would run mid to high 12s the way that it sits. I can still tow my boat ( 20 ft BassCat ) and drive it anywhere on 91 octane. I have never ever heard my truck ping! A properly tuned K/B with a chip and filter is the best investment that you can do for your truck. Skip

Old 05-07-2003, 09:01 PM
It all comes down to power. After a certain amount, even Nitto DRs become useless. However, on a street-driven truck with mild boost levels from the KB, I think the Nittos should solve most of your traction woes with enough practice launching.

As for running the KB on a stock block, I say go for it. I wouldn't run more than 12 - 13 lbs. of boost but that's just me. It all depends on how quickly you can save up for a built lower.....

Old 05-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Just wanted to add that I'm running a 2lb lower, tr6's, 2.5" upper, some intercooler mods, and I have no problems with 93 octane gas.
I followed a vette home today from 80-140+ each time I stayed with him easily.

Old 05-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys for all the replies........and I assume running someone on the highway, from about 60mph, the KB really shines because traction shouldnt be a problem.....right?? And no transmission issues either??

Last edited by SVTDAVE; 05-07-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:28 PM
SVTDAVE

From 60, it will pull like a freight train ! The power does not drop off like the stock blower does on top end. You will love it. It is a piece of cake to install, just remove stock blower and bolt on the K/B. Nothing to bend or move. Looks like it came from the factory. Get one ! Skip

Old 05-08-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by SVTDAVE
Thanks guys for all the replies........and I assume running someone on the highway, from about 60mph, the KB really shines because traction shouldnt be a problem.....right?? And no transmission issues either??
Again depending on the power you're running, I would not recommend frequent downshifting on 60-??? blasts on the highway. I know some vendors tune the chips so this doesn't happen for those customers running lots of power on a stock tranny...

Old 05-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Go for it Dave! If I was in your place with a bone stock L thats the route I would take.

Quick Reply: Question for Kenne Bell users.